Quantcast

Super-Talent 2Gig Mega Screen Series MP3 Player

by sswilson     |     March 18, 2007

Super-Talent 2Gig Mega Screen Series MP3 Player

We've come a long way since the early days of 64meg MP3 players which forced us to drastically reduce our file quality in order to fit more than just a few song titles on our portable players. Advances in flash memory have made it possible to carry a good selection of your favorite tunes, and the introduction of portable LCD screens have made light work of managing the size of these ever increasing music libraries.

If you're inclined to purchase or rent your music files on-line, you'll need to pick up a DRM enabled MP3 player licensed by one of the two main camps (WMA or AAC). If, on the other hand, you'd rather purchase your music the old fashioned way and then exercise your fair use rights, there are a few manufacturers like Super-Talent who offer reasonably priced alternatives.

Super-Talent is best known for its memory sticks so it was a bit of a surprise to me when Direct Canada offered to ship me this MP3 player for review.

The information available on-line is rather sketchy but according to the box liner here are the specs...
  • 256K Color OLED display, Photo Browser and Video Music Support
  • Support USB 1.1 and USB 2.0
  • Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery (370mAH) : 8 hours playing time
  • FM radio and FM radio recording
  • Built-in microphone for voice recording
  • Lyrics supporting
  • Line-in real time recording
It offers support for Windows98 / SE / ME / 2000 / XP as well as Mac OS 8.6 or higher, and LINUX 2.4.1 or higher.

Included in the box is everything you need to get started including Earphones, USB 2.0 cable, Line-in cable, Manual, and a mini disk including drivers/applications for Mac OS and Windows.