Quantcast

Intel Haswell i7-4770K & i5-4670K Review

Author: SKYMTL
Date: May 31, 2013
Product Name: i7-4770K & i5-4670K
Share |

1080P Gaming Benchmarks

While lower resolution gaming highlights processor bottlenecks, most people use slightly higher resolution monitors and want to play with increased detail settings. In these situations, the CPU tends to take a back seat to the graphics processor but even at 1080P (ie: 1920x1080) a slower CPU can still have a drastic impact upon in-game performance. In order to illustrate this, we have carried over the games from our previous tests, pumped detail levels to their max and used the increasingly popular 1080P resolution standard.

RESULTS: 1080P gaming really narrows the gap between the i7 4770K / i5 4670K and their immediate competition. Both processors still remain ahead but we can really see how gaming at higher resolutions and detail settings has the potential to make even lower-priced CPUs look great. AMD on the other hand really struggles in gaming benchmarks, even when the settings are turned up.

Latest Reviews in Processors
June 23, 2014
It all started with a tweet. AMD teased an unnamed new FX-series chip on Twitter and we've got the inside track. It's a refreshed 5GHz FX-9590 with an included water cooling unit....
June 15, 2014
Intelís Devilís Canyon has been rumored, previewed and eventually delayed but now we're finally able to talk about its performance and overclocking headroom....
June 3, 2014
AMD's Kaveri architecture has finally made its way into the notebook / mobile market. With it, we will see a reincarnation of the legendary FX-series but this time in APU form....