Author: SKYMTL
Date: October 30, 2012
Product Name: FX-6300 & FX-4300
Part Number: FD6300WMHKBOX & FD4300WMHKBOX
Warranty: 3 Years
Share |

System Benchmarks (pg.3)

3DMark06 CPU

While 3DMark06 may be a slightly older synthetic benchmark, its CPU test still allows for multi threaded performance evaluations within a gaming environment. It effectively removes the CPU from the equation, generating a CPU-centric score.

WPrime

wPrime is a leading multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors that tests your processor performance by calculating square roots with a recursive call of Newton's method for estimating functions, with f(x)=x2-k, where k is the number we're sqrting, until Sgn(f(x)/f'(x)) does not equal that of the previous iteration, starting with an estimation of k/2. It then uses an iterative calling of the estimation method a set amount of times to increase the accuracy of the results. It then confirms that n(k)2=k to ensure the calculation was correct. It repeats this for all numbers from 1 to the requested maximum. This is a highly multi-threaded workload. Below are the scores for the 32M and 1024M benchmarks.

RESULTS: Both of these tests show slightly different results. On one hand the 3DMark CPU test shows how the AMD processors can shine in certain situations but the WPrime results tell a different story. While the 6-core FX-6300 can leverage its additional threads to stay ahead of the i3 processors, the FX-4300 gets spanked.

Latest Reviews in Processors
August 9, 2017
AMD's HEDT platform has finally arrived with the Ryzen Threadripper 1920X and 1950X. They're designed to go head to head against Intel's i9-7900X but can their performance match up?...
July 26, 2017
AMD's Ryzen processors are making their way into more affordable price brackets with the Ryzen 3 1300X and 1200. But can their performance live up to already-high expectations against the i3 7300 and...
June 18, 2017
Intel's X299 platform has finally arrived and with it some unique new Core-X processors. In this review we go in-depth and test the Kaby Lake-X i-7740X's performance & overclocking abilities....