Author: SKYMTL
Date: October 9, 2012
Product Name: AMD A10-5800K
Part Number: AD580KWOHJBOX
Warranty: 3 Years
Share |

System Benchmarks (pg.2)

Civilization V: Gods & Kings Unit Benchmark

Civilization V includes a number of benchmarks which run on the CPU, GPU or a combination thereof. The Unit Benchmark simulates thousands of units and actions being generated at the same time, stresses multi core CPUs, system memory and GPU We give the non-rendered score below as it is more pertinent to overall CPU performance within the application.

RESULTS: Here AMDís new APU drops further back from the pack and actually finishes in last place. It really seems like the Piledriver cores donít like certain applications.

PCMark 7

PCMark 7 is the latest iteration of Futuremarkís system benchmark franchise. It generates an overall score based upon system performance with all components being stressed in one way or another. The result is posted as a generalized score. We also give the Computation Suite score as it isolates the CPU and memory within a single test, without the influence of other components.

RESULTS: In a bout of redemption for the A10-5800K, PCMark shows it running neck and neck with the Intel i3 3225 which is a great result considering how close the two are in terms of pricing. It also handily beats the Llano APUs by an armís length.

Latest Reviews in Processors
March 19, 2014
Intel has unveiled a few more details about upcoming products. Among them, Haswell-E, Haswell's Devil's Canyon derivative, Pentium 20th Anniversary Edition Unlocked CPUs, and Broadwell...
January 14, 2014
AMD's Kaveri is finally here and we look at the A10-7850K & A8-7600. With IPC improvements, Steamroller x86 cores and a GCN-based graphics processor, this may be the one we've been waiting for....
September 10, 2013
Intel's Ivy Bridge-E may be associated with extreme pricing, but the i7-4930K and i7-4820K brings things down a notch. With great performance and lower price points, they add some value to the IVB-E e...