Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W Power Supply Review

Product Number: RS-750-ACAA-A1
Price: $130CAD
Packaging: Retail
Fan Size: 1X 120mm
Warranty: 5-Year
Availability: Now
Manufacturerís Product Page: Cooler Master

Cooler Master is one of those companies whose products span an amazing number of categories and price ranges. From power supplies, to cases to graphics card coolers, Cooler Master has you covered with products of every shape and form while offering them up at very competitive prices. Recently, they have made some significant waves in the industry by releasing the stunning Cosmos and budget-minded 690 cases. On one hand the Cosmos is the pinnacle of design and excess while on the other hand the CM 690 is a well-designed mid-tower case with lofty aspirations and great ingenuity. While this review isnít about enclosures, these same observations could be made of Cooler Masterís power supplies; their Real Power series spans from their insane 1250W beast to the more mundane 520W unit in both modular and non-modular flavors. Basically, Cooler Master has something to satisfy everyoneís need and budget. There are also the iGreen and eXtreme Power lines but they are both in the lower-end of the spectrum compared to the Real Power series.

In this review I will be taking a closer look at the Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W which has been available for the last few months. I just had to get my hands on this 750W unit since it is advertised to have a 900W peak (750W continuous) output while retailing for around $130CAD depending on where you look. Add to that the fact that this power supply is 80Plus certified which basically guarantees higher than normal efficiency and this is definitely an interesting product. Looking a little closer at some of the details provided to us, it seems that this particular Cooler Master unit is built by Acbel Polytech which has a bit of a spotted reputation when it comes to manufacturing. In my experience, their lower-end power supplies usually leave a lot to be desired but their higher-specíd products are usually quite good. It should be interesting to see which quality of power supply the Real Power Pro turns out to be.

Cooler Master has backed up this power supply with a 5-year warranty which is above the industry norm. In addition, in my years of owning various Cooler Master products, their customer service has never done me wrong and their website holds some good support forums. So, with all of that out of the way, letís crack this thing open.

Latest Reviews in Power Supplies
December 23, 2009
As prices for quality power supplies fall, products that were once out of reach are now accessible to consumers who are on a budget. †With the ever-increasing power demands of the most modern componen...
September 2, 2009
These days, power supplies seem to be a dime a dozen but when big-name manufacturers enter the market with their own units, people stand up and take notice.† That is why when we received XFX's brand n...
August 5, 2009
In the highly competitive power supply market, cheap products are a dime a dozen. †For the last few years, Corsair has shown us that well-priced power supplies can still perform above and beyond our e...