Quantcast

Antec Neopower 650W Blue Power Supply Review

by Michael "SKYMTL" Hoenig     |     October 19, 2007

Packaging and Accessories

The exterior box of the Neopower Blue 650W carries the blue theme seen elsewhere on the power supply. Interestingly, I found the box a little smaller than I am used to with a 650W modular power supply. Either the power supply and accessories are packed into it like sardines or the box has very little padding inside. The back of the package shows all of the connectors which are on this power supply as well as a short description of some features.

One side of the box also carries pictograms describing some highlighted features such as APFC, three +12V rails and the inclusion of (huzzah!!) an 8-pin PCI-E connector.

To be honest, even sardines would feel cramped inside of this box; everything is packed so precisely, getting it all back into place is a lesson in futility. The modular connectors are packaged to the right of the power supply to give some added protection while the manual is jammed between the top of the power supply and the exterior box.

The protection surrounding the power supply can only be called unique based on my past experiences with packaging material. The sides are protected by a pair of rigid cardboard inserts which are held together with craft paper. The finish on the power supply is protected from scratches by a simple plastic bag. All in all, the packaging material is a bit on the light side but the Neopower is well protected nonetheless.

We get the usual affair when it comes to the included accessories as well. There is a basic instruction manual, a power cord, mounting screws and a sealed bag with the modular connectors. I would have much rather seen an included storage bag for the unused modular connectors considering many manufacturers have this addition.