Quantcast

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe Lynnfield Motherboard Review

by FiXT     |     September 30, 2009

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
LGA1156 Motherboard Review‏

Manufacturer's Part Number: P7P55D Deluxe
Price: $235CDN+ Price Comparison
Manufacturer's Product Page: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Warranty: 3 year limited warranty (with 1st year advanced RMA service)

As most of you are aware, Intel's mainstream 'Lynnfield' Core i5 and Core i7 LGA1156 processors have launched and motherboard manufacturers have overwhelmingly embraced this new platform. As a result, the market has quite literally been flooded with P55 motherboards, ranging from $110 to $400CDN. While all consumers enjoy having choices, the sheer scope of new models introduced has left people's heads spinning. While our previews were well-received and shed some light on the various P55 offerings pre-launch, nothing comes close to a proper review. With that said, today we will be bringing you one of the higher-end P55 models in the ASUS roster, the P7P55D Deluxe.

Second only to the P7P55D Premium, the Deluxe comes packed to the gills with goodies. It naturally supports all current LGA1156 Core i5 & Core i7 processors, has a stout 16+3 phase power design, four DDR3 memory slots with frequency support up to DDR3-2200 (O.C), three mechanical PCI-E x16 slots with CrossFireX & SLI support, dual Gigabit LAN ports, an impressive 10-channel HD audio CODEC, 9 SATA ports, 14 USB 2.0 ports, 2 FireWire ports, 1 eSATA port, a new TurboV EVO real-time overclocking processor with accompanying TurboV remote, onboard power/reset switches, and a socketed BIOS chip. And that's just physical aspects. One of this motherboard's most highly touted new features is its automatic overclocking capabilities, which are said to be generations above anything we've encountered in the past.

In this tough field, this board is trying to make an impression and judging from the ASUS pedigree of years past, this board is already leading the charge into the P55 space. Indeed, with its price of about $250 here in Canada, it is able to offer a bevy of features without breaking the bank.

It should also be noted that ASUS has recently added advanced RMA service within the first year of their warranty coverage. This means they will cross-ship you a replacement board so you won't have to experience the usual long delay when it comes to getting your system up and running again.

Latest Reviews in Motherboards
August 11, 2014
ASUS' new Z97I-PLUS is an ITX board that has a ton of features but with a price of just $160 it is also one of the most affordable around....
July 14, 2014
It may be designed small mATX form factor but ASUS' Maximus VII Gene packs a ton of key features for Haswell and Devil's Canyon CPU users....
July 1, 2014
By combining an affordable price with high end features, GIGABYTE is hoping their Z97X-UD5H will appeal to aspiring Haswell system builders who don't want to spend a fortune....