Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
Top Prospect

Default Any good ultraviolet pc case modding guides?

I really like the look of ultraviolet in a pc case, but I'm yet to find any good modding guides about ultraviolet... I know you can get all types of uv sleeves, pci expansion covers, paint, fans, ect... But I would really like to know how mixing and matching colors would turn out, like maybe blue and green won't match up ok, or maybe red is too over powering with blue ect. I wouldn't want something like an all blue uv mod through a case window, and I'm not into water cooling, strictly air only. Does anyone know of a few good links with step by step guides for this stuff?
Intel Core i5-750 2.66Ghz @ 4Ghz, ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws cas7, WDC 1Tb WD1001FALS, WDC 640Gb WD6400AAKS, OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB, GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5, Corsair Hydro H70, LG GH24NS50 DVD 24x Burner, Antec Eleven Hundred, Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W, Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...osmond/1-1.jpg
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...benchmarks.jpg
Old June 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

I've never seen one myself.

You should write one !

Here's some advice I can give ya.

-the first piece of advice I would give is this : always match your colors with your lightsource.Here's what I mean by that : buy your UV source first , then test all the materials with that light.Different UV sources will cause each UV reactive bit to fluoresce differently , depending on what UV spectrum it emits.

-Secondly , if you are looking at cable sleeving/connectors etc at a certain place , ask em if they will give you samples for free...if you just want an inch of sleeving to see what color it really is , they might send it to yah.

GL , hf !

edit:

I almost forgot safety.

You need to research the UV source carefully.It is possible to get blacklight sources that are quite literally , dangerous to skin /eyes.....

For example , I have some 1 watt UV leds that emit @ 400nm ;

This thing , while capable of making anything even remotely UV reactive glow like the moon , will also damage your eyes , so it kinda defeats the purpose.

Last edited by BrainEater; June 2, 2008 at 05:18 PM.