Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2008, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

considering how old and antiquated the 6800's are now i am not surprised. It would be interesting to see if someon could run 8 monitors of of a crossfire-x board since the 3850's just hit a price of $99 on ncix's latest sale :D

Old June 26, 2008, 03:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ok. I connected a second display to my 8800gts and it does deal with spanned windows much better. I do not have Maya so I can not try that out.
Old July 23, 2008, 05:21 AM
Top Prospect

is it possible to run
2 HD4850 in crossfire for one monitor
and a 9600GT for the second one?

Also
i have 2 22" monitors with resolution at 1680 * 1050
i am currently running dual monitor mode with a single 9600GT

everytime i play a game that runs at a lower resolution then 1680 * 1050
the second monitor goes all messed up
(sometimes the display color goes all disco, and sometimes the resolution of the secondary monitor also gets affected)

Will running two different video cards on two different monitors fix that problem?
and will installing Ultramon fix that problem?

Lastly
is ultramon free?
Old July 23, 2008, 05:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yes, you could run the second monitor off a separate video card. I do not know if it would fix your problem. It might create other problems with two different brands of video drivers installed. Remember you would need a mainboard with three 16x slots. Alternately, Matrox makes a one lane dual head card you could use.

I doubt Ultramon would fix your problem. It is not free but it does have a 30 day trial so there is no harm trying it.
Old July 23, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am very familiar with that issue you are referring to. And no neither of those will fix that issue. I have 2 8800GTs with one monitor on one and hte other monitor on the other. I am also using ultramon, and it still happens with me. If you do happen to find a way to stop it from doing that please let me know, cause it sure can be annoying.

Old September 26, 2008, 01:05 PM
Trial Member

I have three 22" monitors running off my 8800gt with a Triple Head to go. The hardest part is setting it all up but once there, gaming is unbelievable. Only negative aspect of it is that I have to down my resolution for the triple head to go.
Old September 26, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've got a question. Right now i have a single 9800GX2 on my p5e *crossfire board* if i want to run another video card for my 2nd monitor, instead of having both run off of my 9800GX2, does it have to be ATI or Nvidia, or does it matter? Ideally i would love to have SLI running on my 9800, while having a 2nd video card for my 2nd monitor. i have an 8800gts still in my WC loop, as i was too lazy to take apart the loop when i got my 9800gx2. Could i just put the 8800 back in, or would i have to get a different card because the drivers would be different? My friend has my 9600GT for the time being, and i could get that back from her if need be.. or should i buy a cheap ATI card because of driver issues?
Old October 16, 2008, 04:36 PM
Rookie

Default my older Dual Monitor is CRT HDTV question

Here's my purchase Palit Multimedia Inc.
How do I connect this card up to my TV? It'll be the secondary display alongside a primary 20" lcd display. The TV only has component video connectors.