Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Guides & How-to's (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/)
-   -   Setting up MPC-HC (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/65184-setting-up-mpc-hc.html)

sakage.shinga January 23, 2014 07:24 PM

Setting up MPC-HC

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a decent guide to setup MPC-HC on my HTPC. I found one that uses Haali, LAV filters, and madVR, but the resulting player won't allow me to skip forward without massive slowdowns and system freezes.

Here's the guide: Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) and MadVR Setting | Juan2Geek

Keeping my HTPC specs in mind, which guide would you guys recommend? Or should I just use the stock MPC-HC as is?

Thanks!

enaberif January 23, 2014 07:52 PM

Why bother just use XBMC :P

lowfat January 23, 2014 08:14 PM

Any specific reason you aren't using the filters that come w/ MPC-HC? What kind of videos are you playing where you need to use these filters? Filters like MadVR are IMHO completely unnecessary. A person isn't going to notice the different between it and other filters. Haali isn't a great MKV splitter IMO either.

If you don't want to use the MPC-HC stock filters you might as well use LAV for splitter, audio, and video.

But like enaberif says, I'd personally just use XMBC. It can do everything these days.

sakage.shinga January 23, 2014 08:32 PM

Hmm, any decent guide/tutorial to setting up XBMC?

lowfat January 23, 2014 08:57 PM

It really isn't hard to setup. Install XBMC. Go to videos, files, add source. Add your movie folder. Make sure you set it to movies as the source. Do the same thing for TV shows.

Shadowmeph January 23, 2014 10:17 PM

yes XBMC is the best I have used f\so far , you might need to do the tweak so thatyour remote controls green button loads up XBMC instead of windows media center other then that it is just like what has already been said.
I am almost debating on just using the XBMC linux but when I tried it in virtualbox it wouldn't load into the mediacenter but to the desktop , there probably is an easy tweak to fix that though.

sakage.shinga January 26, 2014 02:21 PM

Wow yes XBMC is great! So much more user-friendly than MPC-HC. I'm still keeping MPC around though since it makes a great standalone video player.

sswilson January 26, 2014 03:00 PM

I've been using the paid version of the android Universal Remote app for controlling XBMC, and have been pleased with the outcome. I believe there's a free XBMC remote but for some reason I preferred the Universal Remote.

lowfat January 26, 2014 03:26 PM

Constellation is probably the best XBMC remote for iOS or Android. For a windows 8 tablet / laptop XBMC Commander is a decent metro app for controlling XBMC.

sswilson January 26, 2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 754580)
Constellation is probably the best XBMC remote for iOS or Android. For a windows 8 tablet / laptop XBMC Commander is a decent metro app for controlling XBMC.

From what I can tell there is no Android version of Constellation.