Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default messy wires

noobish question i know but im just startin all this fun stuff lol. while waiting on funds to do my pc up i lil better,i decided to mod my case a lil so far i got the window put in and lights and a cpl more fans and never cost me nothing so hopin to stay that way lol.first what can i do to clean this mess up lol
and second anyone got any other lil cool things to do just to make shit look cool that won't cost nothing lol(im not cheap just moneys tight at the moment lmao)
thanx i love this site its alway there for my noobieness lol
Old April 23, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Get the dremel out and start cutting slots in the back to route those cable behind the other side panel if you can. If not just drill through the rivets and find a large enough screw to rethread the hole and you're set.
Old April 23, 2008, 04:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You can also check out the dollar store to see what they've got in for "wire management". You can pretty up your wires on the cheap if you can find some plastic wrap for the wires (it's a coil that goes around wires).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 23, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is this backwards land? hehe, that case opens at the right with the board on the left!
Old April 23, 2008, 07:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

yea i thought that was a lil weird to when i first got it lol....thanx for the answers guys will look into those things
Old April 23, 2008, 08:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

The simple method is to just use tie-wraps and pin it all to the back of the case as much as you can.
Old April 24, 2008, 04:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is that a generic PC case or a Dell invention? It doesn't even follow the ATX spec.
Old April 24, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

its an HP
Old April 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Is this backwards land? hehe, that case opens at the right with the board on the left!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
It doesn't even follow the ATX spec.
Actually it's right side up....cases that open on the left are upside down.

And it does actually look like ATX , it's just upside down.

FYI ;

The ATX spec , a modification of the AT spec , was not designed for vertical use really....It's from the IBM PC days when "Desktop boxes" sat flat on the desk.

If you flip an AT board vertically , in a case that opens on the left ,with the cards I/O ports to the back ,(video,sound etc) , the cards will be upside down ,as in most cases .However ,from a thermal management standpoint , the cards should be right side up to take advantage of 'convection cooling'.

Convection cooling is becoming less important however , as cards are increasingly coming with fans.

Old April 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post

Convection cooling is becoming less important however , as cards are increasingly coming with fans.

If you think about the amount heat being produced by video cards, chipsets and CPUs throw a fan into the mix and you have a Convection Oven

Fresh PC baked bread now coming soon to your local grocery store.

EE