Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
Rookie

Default Need guide: Keyboard, mouse and monitor MOD !

Hi all !

I'm in need of some modding advice.

Keyboard: I'm planning to mod my Logitech G110 to have a white frame instead of the original black/greyish frame.

Mouse: Another one, would be changing the color of my Mionix Naos 3200. It has a rubber-top. Was just wandering whether spray painting it to white is possible? Leaving the side black or vice versa.

Monitor: Last but not least, the monitor bezel. I'm thinking of changing the color of my black monitor bezel to have a white bezel.

Can anyone give me some advice or point to me where can I get infos on what I need? I've tried searching google but don't have any luck

Thanks !
Old November 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3M Di-Noc carbon fibre vinyl in white.

Doesn't get any easier and it looks great. With spray painting you not only have to take the stuff apart, but you're going to have to clean, sand and prime the surfaces before painting.
Old November 30, 2011, 03:15 PM
Rookie

This looks like a great suggestion. If I use this for my keyboard, for the wrist wrest should be ok cause its quite a huge area to cover but what about the sides and the top where its only like 3cm thick?

For the mouse, is it ok for this to be used on a rubber top mouse like the Mionix Naos 3200?

I assume this should be ok with computer bezels?
Old November 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's a very versatile material, you can stretch it around the edges or simply cut new pieces. It can also be used on virtually any surface, but the adhesive is meant to be permanent.

Bill Owen from MNPCTech posted a guide on the stuff here in the modding section somewhere.
Old December 1, 2011, 05:05 AM
Rookie

Ok. Thanks. I`ll go and check it out. So far I've seen some videos on this carbon fibre and it looks really great! in terms of price, reliability and looks quite easy to apply.
Old December 11, 2011, 01:41 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

remember to clean with alchol and a rag first, to remove residual fat that could make it fall off :)
Old February 12, 2012, 12:40 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

or you could paint it although i find personally that when painting plastic its better to use a can of paint suited for plastic. I've used Krylon Fusion i think it is and came out looking very nice after if you want you can use regular clear coat.