Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2012, 07:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

does the job of cutting panels well enough. grinder to smooth out edges. 20 bucks with goggles.

Jobmate 36-piece Rotary Tool Kit | Canadian Tire
Old June 29, 2012, 05:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Icarus : im strongly leaning towards glass for my current case. do you have any pictures of the inside and outside of that side panel/window? it sounds sexy as hell.

Bungwirez : have you tried that one out? i actually asked about that exact model a while ago here, but the thread was lost during the joker redirect episode. i would love to hear some impressions of how it is for working on cases and plexi, and how it compares to the dremel kits (like the 34 piece dremel kit that is more than 10x the price of this one).
Old June 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Icarus : im strongly leaning towards glass for my current case. do you have any pictures of the inside and outside of that side panel/window? it sounds sexy as hell.

Bungwirez : have you tried that one out? i actually asked about that exact model a while ago here, but the thread was lost during the joker redirect episode. i would love to hear some impressions of how it is for working on cases and plexi, and how it compares to the dremel kits (like the 34 piece dremel kit that is more than 10x the price of this one).
Bought this one 4 years ago... used it two years to go around electrical boxes and light fixtures while drywalling, and various other odds and ends. Still going the old trooper, bought 2 spares and still have yet to have to open them.
TheToolStore.ca | Hand Tools, Woodworking Tools, Garden Tools, Power Tools
Old June 29, 2012, 06:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

thanks for the link. its still twice the cost of the one Bungwirez posted though...i spent all my money on the pc parts so i am trying to get the last bits finished up as cheap (or free) as i can
Old June 29, 2012, 06:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
thanks for the link. its still twice the cost of the one Bungwirez posted though...i spent all my money on the pc parts so i am trying to get the last bits finished up as cheap (or free) as i can
comes with over 120 accessories , thats why it costs more.
Old June 29, 2012, 06:35 PM
Rookie

mcdermot lumber seems to have better pricing than rona/home depot on plastic sheeting.
Old June 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Rookie

I really dislike the look of double sided sticky tape. It looks unfinished to me. Drilling out for nice flush mount socket heads looks a lot cleaner to me.
Old June 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
comes with over 120 accessories , thats why it costs more.
thats a good point. how is this kit for metal cutting discs and other things i would want to work on my pc case? does it come with discs like these? if so how is the quantity and quality of them?
Old June 29, 2012, 08:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
thats a good point. how is this kit for metal cutting discs and other things i would want to work on my pc case? does it come with discs like these? if so how is the quantity and quality of them?
Included ones are small but do the job, I just grab the larger fiberglass ones from can tire.
Old June 29, 2012, 10:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

awesome ill probably grab that one then. thanks for the advice :)