Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2011, 06:50 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Keeping your cool: a guide to prevent your rig from overheating

All that gear within your computer has one common enemy -- heat. The excessive heat from an improperly cooled computer can shorten the life expectancy of components and cause intermittent errors such as lockups. If you plan on upgrading your machine with a new graphics card or a faster processor its pretty likely that the cooling gear you curr... [ Read full article ]
Old May 9, 2011, 10:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Typo!

Unline ALC systems which are a 1 piece factory made system, watercooling systems have multiple components and must be assembled by the user. Any watercooling system will contain a reservoir for the coolant, pumps, piping, and a waterblock to put over the CPU and other components.

Believe you guys meant "Unlike"

Nice article!

Old May 10, 2011, 01:33 AM
da_bradler

What are the possible side effects of connecting your water cooling tubing to a freon/air conditioner setup?
Old May 10, 2011, 01:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming guide to keeping your notebook cool.
:3
It is funny for reasons that people who know what I got up to last year understand. ;)