Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2010, 07:09 AM
Rookie

Default Phenom II IMC & Ram Overclocking Guide

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, however I'm pretty spread out on a number of other forums.

I'd like to share with you guys my Phenom II IMC & Ram Overclocking Guide. I have written this guide to cater to all Phenom II users wishing to overclock their ram properly. I have consolidated much common knowledge around the web and wrote a few of my own tips in. enjoy

Phenom II IMC & Ram Overclocking Guide ę Slappa's Blog

Thanks for looking!
Old October 15, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

well sir, Welcome to our crazy corner of the web, and thanks for the link! I'll take a look into it for sure.
Old October 15, 2010, 12:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
well sir, Welcome to our crazy corner of the web, and thanks for the link! I'll take a look into it for sure.
Heh, I realized that I'm from Calgary and I still hadn't been on a Canadian hardware forum until now.

Thanks for looking dude!
Old October 15, 2010, 07:11 PM
MVP

My System Specs

That's a very well-written and easy to understand guide! Great for both beginners and novices. I've got it bookmarked for when I aim to beef up my 955 some more in the near future.
Old October 15, 2010, 08:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokkRokken View Post
That's a very well-written and easy to understand guide! Great for both beginners and novices. I've got it bookmarked for when I aim to beef up my 955 some more in the near future.
Thanks dude! Everyone loved my original AM3 Overclocking guide so I decided to move onto the ram and IMC aspects. Thanks for checking it out!
Old October 15, 2010, 09:02 PM
Banned
F@H

looking good. so basically upping nb speed gives you a nice boost in performance right? :) lets look at some numbers vs stock nb.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
looking good. so basically upping nb speed gives you a nice boost in performance right? :) lets look at some numbers vs stock nb.
Yep. A lot of i7 vs Phenom II benchmarks are done with everything at stock. Phenom II really kicks up against i7 combined with a nice NB overclock paired with speedy ram.
Old June 4, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I prefer to keep my Phenom at lower multiplier but increased FSB, this puts the ram at work too. I haven't really tested my new OCZ Reaper kit but given the thing has CL3 I guess should work fine at 1066. I guess there aren't too many Phenoms II out there still on DDR2?
Old June 4, 2011, 01:15 PM
MVP

Still on DDR2 here.
Old June 4, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
I prefer to keep my Phenom at lower multiplier but increased FSB, this puts the ram at work too. I haven't really tested my new OCZ Reaper kit but given the thing has CL3 I guess should work fine at 1066. I guess there aren't too many Phenoms II out there still on DDR2?
TBH I dont know why ppl only multi clock, I mean I can see it if you have a shitty board and ram but if you have even a half decent board and ram then why not? Sure it takes a little more time and effort finding the max values of motherboard, ram and making those numbers work with the max cpu clocks but for me that is overclocking.
Then again I am getting long in the tooht overclocking and that is how we used to have to do things before unlocked multi's .

And yes my 720 PII is still using ddr2 but it will be getting a retirement to the HTPC here in the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton