Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2010, 06:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default How to install Connectx MxF?

Well looking at these, and never having made molex plugs before, I don't really know how one goes about using these: A.C. Ryan Connectx™ MxF Connector & Pin Set - 10x - Black Products Model: ACR-CB00038 [ACR-CB00038] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

I'm guessing I could just solder the wire into the middle area? I notice that with typical molex though, you can crimp them. Is that necessary for these?

Also what gauge wire would you suggest? 18AWG or 22AWG? Just going to be for my pump, fans/fan controller and maybe my DVD-RW. Right now it's a total hackjob, all the wires are just twisted together so obviously I want to fix that up
Old June 22, 2010, 12:13 PM
MVP

looking at the pins, it does look like it could crimp into place
Old June 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A dab of solder and then crimp has worked for me for all my molex pins, I never used to solder but after a wire came out I do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 22, 2010, 08:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Do I need a crimping tool? Or will pliers suffice?

Maybe if you guys could link me to a decent video/picture guide, that would be great.