Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Guides & How-to's (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/)
-   -   sleeving and shrinkwrap (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/32826-sleeving-shrinkwrap.html)

cul8erppl June 3, 2010 11:35 AM

sleeving and shrinkwrap

i kno this has probably come-up before...but, my laziness level is at an all time high and i don't feel like searching...

does anybody know where i can get sleeving material in toronto?...think homey depot or tigress direct has this stuff for cheap?...

i dun like to buy online...i like to trek, it's part of the adventure, LoL...

lowfat June 3, 2010 12:59 PM

You won't find good quality stuff for sale anywhere in Canada I am afraid. And you definitely won't find any sleeving anywhere like Home Depot.

SKYMTL June 3, 2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 386622)
You won't find good quality stuff for sale anywhere in Canada I am afraid. And you definitely won't find any sleeving anywhere like Home Depot.

Actually, I hate to tell you but Addison's here in Montreal has good quality sleeving and heat shrink. :thumb:

cul8erppl June 3, 2010 01:37 PM

ok, found something at Canada Computers:
Canada Computers - Thermaltake UV Cable Sleeving Kit-Black (A2379)

Kinda pricey...too much sleeving for my needs...but still, it's there if i ever need it.

lowfat June 3, 2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 386625)
Actually, I hate to tell you but Addison's here in Montreal has good quality sleeving and heat shrink. :thumb:

From their website I don't see a whole lot of selection. And one size.

ilya June 3, 2010 03:28 PM

Cable Protectors | Cable Sleeve | Wire Loom | Cord Covers | Cable Ties | CableTiesAndMore
I used to buy from these guys when I was apprenticing as an electrician, but then I decided not to stay in that line of work and couldn't buy from them anymore since they were wholesale only.
I just found out they recently opened up to public buyers.
If you're buying a lot, it's insanely cheaper than MDPC. Most of it is above average quality and there's a pretty good selection.

lowfat June 3, 2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 386675)
Cable Protectors | Cable Sleeve | Wire Loom | Cord Covers | Cable Ties | CableTiesAndMore
I used to buy from these guys when I was apprenticing as an electrician, but then I decided not to stay in that line of work and couldn't buy from them anymore since they were wholesale only.
I just found out they recently opened up to public buyers.
If you're buying a lot, it's insanely cheaper than MDPC. Most of it is above average quality and there's a pretty good selection.

Their PET is techflex sleeving. For the 1/8" stuff it is a 1x1 which lower quality is not possible. I have 200 feet of it that I will give away if someone pays the shipping.

cul8erppl June 3, 2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 386681)
I have 200 feet of it that I will give away if someone pays the shipping.

sent ya a pm...:shok: