Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2009, 01:35 AM
Rookie

Option 32: The 5.25inch drive bays on front are filtered and open. I could attach an intake fan to them just under my CD drive and go with the... flow... so to speak. Keeping the front to back direction of air, and stopping the side fans from eliminating that flow so much. I'm going to try a bunch of stuff when I get my case tomorrow(I hope) and let you guys know if there is any change.

Especially after getting a good look at that sideways mounted hdd cage, completely blocking the lower intake fan.
Attached Images

Last edited by Strat6; October 19, 2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you only have 1 hard drive, and that cage is removable, I'd get rid of it. Mount your hard drive up in the other 3.5" bay.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat6 View Post
Exhaust or intake? That possibility excites me because even if I screw it up, noone will see it! Muhaha.

Now that I am understanding the positive P idea of this case, I may be content when I get it. I'll have to see though. Still need a place to put this 90mm fan I have :).
Intake, it would give air straight to the GPU and mobo. Nice direct path.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I would grab one of those Thermaltake Slot Fans and use that instead of trying to find a place for your 90mm Fan.

Thats just my thought though.
If you wanted to add another Frontal Intake you could always buy a Scythe Kama Bay and sacrifice 3 of your 5 inch bays.

Positive pressure is the best thing to have in a case, it keeps the dust down.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com