Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2009, 02:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default LGA 1366 Template for cutting

Ok, I have a Cosmos S case all torn apart. and what i want to do is cut a hole in the MoBo tray directly under where the CPU sits on a EVGA Classified X58 X3 or X4 Mobo. But i dont have the Mobo to create my own template.

I need some help on this. ether measurements where it would be or a printout. or even a picture or 2. thanks guys.
Old September 24, 2009, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Placement depends on motherboard, not solely on the socket type itself. You'll have to get your motherboard and check it out.
Old September 24, 2009, 10:33 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Thats why I said EVGA Classified X58 X3 or X4... Those are the boards I'm using.
Old September 24, 2009, 11:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If it really comes down to it, find a picture of it, blow it up to whatever the motherboard dimensions are and print out whatever part fits on a regular sheet of paper. Should give you enough of a reference as to where the CPU socket would be.
Then again, hopefully somebody else can help you as that method is definitely not the best one.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 24, 2009, 11:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you ask Kruzn4evr nicely, he may measure his classified for you.http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...onster-ii.html

And you should make the hole larger than the spacing of the 1366 holes, it will be very tight to get your tools/fingers in there otherwise.
Old September 24, 2009, 11:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
If you ask Kruzn4evr nicely, he may measure his classified for you.http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...onster-ii.html

And you should make the hole larger than the spacing of the 1366 holes, it will be very tight to get your tools/fingers in there otherwise.
Oh, I plan to make it a bit bigger. about 1" bigger, provided i don't run into any MoBo mounting points. And maybie i will ask him.