Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I also think you should cover up any labels on the boxes with shipping paper or tape.
Old November 6, 2009, 11:51 AM
Top Prospect

Speaking from a retailer's POV, you really need to be careful about packing. Because your parcel goes on the same conveyer as the 30lb boxes full of bricks. Newspapers and bubblewrap may suffice for durable things like RAM. But you really need to protect harddrives, and video cards, and anything else that has a heatsink/fan attached.

I would suggest a good static bag and some packing peanuts.

But remember not to over do it, because the receiver always wants to take things apart quick and easy. Duct taping and gluing is a big no no.

You have no idea how much poor packaging I've seen in my days of dealing with returns. Some guys just toss ram in a big empty box thats taped up with enough duct tape to make red green jealous. But its all pointless if it doesn't protect the contents from being bashed about.

Never mail anything in a bubblewrap envolope that you don't want to be bent during shipping.
Old December 7, 2009, 05:23 PM
Top Prospect

Bubbles and lots of foam is best IMO
Old January 10, 2010, 01:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

you can use newspaper to stuff around the box if you don't have bubble wrap. it works for me
Old January 10, 2010, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

when I bought an air rifle from someone in Saskatchewan, I got a box with packing peanuts in it, the gun was wrapped in 1 layer of paper then 4 layers of bubble wrap then 3 layers of crumpled paper held on with elastic bands. took me about 15 minutes to get to the gun but it was entirely untouched even though there was a collapsed corner in the box.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old January 31, 2010, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone63 View Post
Where can you get anti-static wraps?? I have ram to ship out and don't want to put 2 sticks in the same sleeve.
Local computer shops should just give them to you for free, as they usually throw them out anyways. When I went to send out my 4870X2 I went to a place and asked for a "motherboard" sized piece. The lady came back with 15 of them and a few HDD sized ones and just let me take them