Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Guides & How-to's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2008, 03:22 PM
Rookie

So I am this far.

The WinTV Application found 3 analogue channels (3, 8, and 12) These channels correspond to the 3 seperate TV feeds that we have. I.e.

Channel 3 - Living Room TV

Channel 8 - Bedroom TV

Channel 12 - Bedroom TV

So, when I tune into channel 3, I can see what is on the Living Room TV and so on. However, I thought I would be able to use the IR Blaster, PC remote, and Windows Media Center (which still cannot find a signal) to change the TV signal on the PC and watch something different than is on the TV.

Am I right or wrong?

Can somewhere explain how the PC remote, IR blaster, and set top box work together so that I can control the TV signal with the PC remote (PC and TV can see different channels).
Old September 20, 2008, 03:24 PM
Rookie

So I am this far.

The WinTV Application found 3 analogue channels (3, 8, and 12) These channels correspond to the 3 seperate TV feeds that we have. I.e.

Channel 3 - Living Room TV

Channel 8 - Bedroom TV

Channel 12 - Bedroom TV

So, when I tune into channel 3, I can see what is on the Living Room TV and so on. However, I thought I would be able to use the IR Blaster, PC remote, and Windows Media Center (which still cannot find a signal) to change the TV signal on the PC and watch something different than is on the TV.

Am I right or wrong?

Can somewhere explain how the PC remote, IR blaster, and set top box work together so that I can control the TV signal with the PC remote (PC and TV can see different channels).