Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Guides & How-to's (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/)
-   -   Best method for 4870X2 fan speed changes (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/guides-how-tos/10008-best-method-4870x2-fan-speed-changes.html)

cwestwell September 11, 2008 12:28 PM

Best method for 4870X2 fan speed changes

I have seen several methods online from editing the profile that is simple but a little limiting as far as variable speeds go. I am wondering if anyone can recommend the best tested method for Changing the Fan speed of a Diamond 4870X2. Preferable one that allows me to control the fan speed easily or auto controls it. I am thinking of voiding the warranty and just hooking up the fan to a to a variable speed controller however if possible I would like to avoid this considering shes only 2 days old.

CMetaphor September 11, 2008 01:09 PM

[H] Enthusiast - Take Control of Your 4800 Video Card's Fan
Best article i've seen to date. Will be trying it tonight...

Chilly September 11, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 88382)
[H] Enthusiast - Take Control of Your 4800 Video Card's Fan
Best article i've seen to date. Will be trying it tonight...

Any of these meathods work for CrossfireX? I got 2x 4870x2 's and last time I did profile editing it only effected the fan on one of the 2 cards.

tubabub September 11, 2008 05:48 PM

A custom bios is probably your best bet but I'm not sure if there is any out for your card. Use the power of google.

cwestwell September 11, 2008 06:39 PM

Yeah the profile edit seemed the easiest way to set the fan speed to a solid level...I never thought of the Hotkeys. However going this way I figured out already via the power of google and many many forums I was wondering thought if any of the higher ups who have had this card longer might have discovered a better way.

Apollo4g September 11, 2008 07:42 PM

I use this method:
EggXpert.com - How to change your 4870x2 fan speed
Works like a charm for me on my 4870X2 and Vista 64

confusion January 6, 2009 10:18 AM

FYI, the ASUS 4870X2 does this out of the box.

Sniper January 6, 2009 10:34 AM

RIVATUNER /thread :thumb:

CanadaRox January 6, 2009 12:54 PM

For auto adjusting, you should be able to mod the BIOS with RBE and then just flash the card. Worked great on my 4870 (non-X2) before I put it under water.

Bucklaz January 6, 2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaRox (Post 135248)
For auto adjusting, you should be able to mod the BIOS with RBE and then just flash the card. Worked great on my 4870 (non-X2) before I put it under water.

sry whats RBE?

I was considering doing the same thing as you just mentioned, modifying the automatic settings.

The op is trying to find out how to have the gpu fan speed increase as the gpu temp increases, and decrease as the gpu temp decreases correct?

If thats so, I would love to know as well :D My fan speed never goes below 63% even at a gpu temp of 34 celsius and gpu load of 0%.

I tried that custom profiles method through the HardOCP link, but I'm afraid I'll forget to change profiles everytime I start playing a game.

Right now I'm googling and trying to figure out how :D. If anyone knows or if anyone can put up a linky I'd much appreciate it.