Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Dead Space : Survival Horror with Deep Backstory. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/9668-dead-space-survival-horror-deep-backstory.html)

TwystedMonkey August 27, 2008 10:10 AM

Dead Space : Survival Horror with Deep Backstory.

To anyone that hasn't fugured it out through previous post's of mine I am REALLY looking forward to Dead Space. I am a huge survival horror fan especially the horror aspect. Though I liked the original Resident Evil, resident evil 2 and Silent Hill really were some of the most memorable games for me even today. And although they were great games the story behind them is really what hooked me. And even though Dead Space isn't even out yet I can allready feel it happening again. I kept up with the 4 issues of the online comic which is a prologue to the game and though the shit doesn't actually hit the fan till the last issue I found myself totally engrossed and wanting more. There is a new website which takes you even further which I beleive is set just before or during the actual game and its totally creepy. www.noknowsurvivors.com. Just some of the computer screens giving you your estimated survival time gives you a feel for just how screwed everyone on the ship was, and the voices your hearing well yeah they don't help at all... All in all the amount of thought and insight that they have already put into all this stuff makes me want to play this game so much more... but then again I could be setting myself up for a huge disapointment to. Anyways I reccomend you check out the webcomics before you check out the website. All the comics can be found on Gametrailers. I hope a few other people are looking forward to this game as much as me.

Squeetard August 27, 2008 10:31 AM

Fickst ur link
[EA] Dead Space

TwystedMonkey August 27, 2008 11:21 AM

thanks dude I spelled Known wrong...

enaberif August 27, 2008 11:30 AM

Only 2 games exist that really freaked me out.. Clive Barkers Undying and a game I forget the name that you had to use a camera to catch ghosts with.

But from watching the trailer for this game.. I think this will be the 3rd.

GregH August 27, 2008 11:43 AM

F.E.A.R. and the original AVP were pretty freaky at times too. Turn the lights off, crank the sound up...good times.

Will have to check this one out too - thanks for the heads up

TwystedMonkey August 27, 2008 10:19 PM

I think the camera game your talking about is called Fatal Frame. A weird freaky japanese game if I remember correctly. And does anyone know if Undying is better than Jericho? because Jericho was pretty bad. And to my suprise the fifth installment of the Dead Space comic became available on gametrailers today.

enaberif August 27, 2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey (Post 83839)
I think the camera game your talking about is called Fatal Frame. A weird freaky japanese game if I remember correctly. And does anyone know if Undying is better than Jericho? because Jericho was pretty bad. And to my suprise the fifth installment of the Dead Space comic became available on gametrailers today.

Yah Fatal Frame!

Yes Undying was FAR superior as it was an actual FPS not some stupid group game.

Undying of course probably wouldn't be as bad anymore as the graphics would be so cheesy.

TwystedMonkey August 27, 2008 11:00 PM

Man if I didn't have so many other games that I want to save for and buy I would see if I could pick it up. I like being able to play older games with all the settings cranked to max and not have my system even break a sweat. And I maybe one of the only people to think this but I really enjoyed Doom 3 and I thought it had some very freaky moments...

misterlarry September 8, 2008 03:39 PM

Combat in Zero G!

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Developer Diary: Zero-G

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

magictorch September 8, 2008 03:53 PM

This looks great:biggrin:, although I may need to take a sea-sickness pill before playing it.