Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I know it's capped at 30FPS for Dead Space. I didn't notice a 30FPS cap for Bioshock or other games. But since most games these days are console ports it wouldn't surprise me. So yes, vsync bad. Like I said earlier in the thread. If anyone wants to the benefit of vsync to eliminate screen tearing, use tripple buffering instead. You'll need Rivatuner for that.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 17, 2008, 12:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The problem is that without vsync enabled you get pretty major tearing in some areas which use the dynamic lighting.
Old November 17, 2008, 12:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have not gotten any. But as I said, to get rid of it and not take the hit in FPS or mouse control, use tripple buffering. For Direct X games you need the Direct 3D Overrider which is available with Rivatuner. It does not eat any resources and in some cases actually improves game performance. But it doesn't work in SLI or Crossfire systems. If you have SLI or Crossfire I doubt you are getting screen tearing. As I am not getting any on my single 8800GT with this game. It practically runs as good as Doom 3!

More on tripple buffering here.
Triple buffering: improve your PC gaming performance for free | GameCritics.com

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 19, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Dear god I am playing this again. I am going through a "refuse to buy a new game" phase atm. Trying to be thrifty I guess, plus it's summer and I don't want to tie myself to a game or buy something new that'l be on sale or cheaper later. And really there's nothing out there right now other than maybe Ghostbusters that is tempting me.

Anyways... it sure is cool having your upgrades persistent from the 1st play through! So far nothing has even come close to touching me, lol. But my heart is still racing as I play through it nonetheless. The atmosphere in this game is abso-bloody-lutely awesome! What I don't like is I don't have all the weapons available to me the 2nd time through right from the start. So I am stuck with the ones I finished the game off with the first time and have to wait till others become available. Too bad as I wanted to really change up my style right from the start... oh well. Still a great game and full of heart pounding thrills, even the 2nd time through. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old June 19, 2009, 06:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

if u already finished it normal why not get a trainer to get unlimited everything. thats what i usally do. play a game normal then next time around use cheats or a trainer just to have a blast.
Old June 19, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hm I will look into that, good point. But I seem to remember reading that on your 2nd play through, some different areas are open to you and such, and as I said you keep all the upgrades from the first play through.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE