Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekOldschool View Post
I'm really NOT feeling this game.

the controls are WACKED and very non key-mappable - although it does allow some (very little) Its frustrating as hell - mouse controls in particular are set in such a manner that mapping one button differently screws up everything. The arrow keys are totally hard mapped (I hate WSAD for moving) and you cant jump!
yea im lovin the game but the controls suck balls lol. i hate usin WSAD as well,and even usin my logitech dual action controller i find the aiming a lil sketchy. i always end up turnin to quick and passin by my target. but other then that im lovin it so far...only started today so not to far into yet
Old November 11, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
@ Eagle Eye

Forgot to ask... Why do you want vsync enabled? Are you getting a lot of screen tearing?
Its just me messing with the in game settings I do that a lot with most games depending on the type of game if FPS is a problem I will leave it off if not and I want better image qaulity I turn it on.

I just recently finished the game, anyone else? I won't go into much more detail about the ending I don't want to spoil it for anyone, lets just say that I am already on my second run and a third is quite possible.

EE
Old November 12, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just tossing this out there...

Has anyone ever had a BSOD with this game its happened about 4 times and that isn't counting the number of times that game has crashed to the desktop. The only known cause is pretty general its either a hardware device or device driver.

EE
Old November 13, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

EE if you want the benefits of vsync without using it, you should try tripple buffering. You can enable it with Rivatuner. But I doubt your GTX 280 really needs it, lol. The only time the game has crashed for me is when I have FRAPS on, and am actually recording screen shots or video and I die before I can turn the captures off. Then the game buggers up and crashes trying to load my last save point. So it is totally FRAPS related. Never had a prob otherwise. Sadly I have not had a lot of game time lately so I have not finished this yet. Still loving it though whenever I get to. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 16, 2008, 10:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well I'm finally out of games to play after finishing Fallout3, Far Cry 2, Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, and Cod 5: WaW.. Some fantastic games were keeping me away from dead space and frankly I left it for last because I'm kinda shy when it comes to Spooky FPS haha. Well I got snuggled into my Lazyboy recliner and my wrapped myself in my favorite blanky and jump right into it on my 52" LCD and surround goodness. Yikes this games scarry! Not only the mood and presentation but the controls as well. I'm loving the ambiance and heart jumping out of my chest factor but BLEH the controls are terrible! When I'm in the menus my mouse sloggs along like I've got my video setting way way to high so I tried lowering everything to medium setting and the mouse still acts like it has leg irons attached. In the game it's better but the fine presision I'm used to with my mouse is somehow muted and never really aims/shoots exactly where I want it to be. I suspect this is an attempt by the makers to level the playing field with the consoles but..Man this blows! Anyways the games overall greatness shines through and the control gripes are short lived.

Question: Those locked crates ect I'm running across can I pick or break into those somehow? I'm getting mangled every encounter and need more meds hehe.

Great game I'm loving every minute of it so far..except the menus.
Old November 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I just started Chapter 2 and I am enjoying it but I WISH there was an option to zoom a little further away from the back of the main character's body. Sometime the close-in camera angle is far too confining.
Old November 16, 2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Question: Those locked crates ect I'm running across can I pick or break into those somehow? I'm getting mangled every encounter and need more meds hehe.
The ones with the glowing green beacon on them? Yes. Stomp on them.
Old November 16, 2008, 11:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I just started Chapter 2 and I am enjoying it but I WISH there was an option to zoom a little further away from the back of the main character's body. Sometime the close-in camera angle is far too confining.
Yeah SKY I agree, I looked everywhere for the view angle key but there is none and when the view angles get pinched so badly in some spots to the point of slightly clipping through a wall I know I'm playing a game made heavily for the consoles. Its taking some getting used to with this isometric/shoulder view but I'll get the hang of it.

I'm really liking the dialogue so far. Intelligently written and believable and I haven't once felt like the voice actors were reading from a script.
Old November 17, 2008, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Well I'm finally out of games to play after finishing Fallout3, Far Cry 2, Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, and Cod 5: WaW.. Some fantastic games were keeping me away from dead space and frankly I left it for last because I'm kinda shy when it comes to Spooky FPS haha. Well I got snuggled into my Lazyboy recliner and my wrapped myself in my favorite blanky and jump right into it on my 52" LCD and surround goodness. Yikes this games scarry! Not only the mood and presentation but the controls as well. I'm loving the ambiance and heart jumping out of my chest factor but BLEH the controls are terrible! When I'm in the menus my mouse sloggs along like I've got my video setting way way to high so I tried lowering everything to medium setting and the mouse still acts like it has leg irons attached. In the game it's better but the fine presision I'm used to with my mouse is somehow muted and never really aims/shoots exactly where I want it to be. I suspect this is an attempt by the makers to level the playing field with the consoles but..Man this blows! Anyways the games overall greatness shines through and the control gripes are short lived.

Great game I'm loving every minute of it so far..except the menus.
Have you got vsync enabled? If so disable it, the controls will be way better. I even boosted the mouse sensitivity a bit after disabling vsync. Although it's still laggy in the main menu. Something I am getting used to these days with other games too. i.e. Bioshock, Far Cry 2...

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 17, 2008, 10:42 AM

That is because v-sync in the game is pegged @ 30FPS for some reason. Enable V-Sync and load FRAPS....30FPS.