Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Four more videos.

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Zero-G Featurette

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Pulse Rifle Gameplay

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Line Gun Gameplay

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Plasma Cutter Gameplay

This might really be a great game to play late at night in the dark with head phones on.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old September 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The more I see of this game, the more that I want to play it.

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Corpse Carnage Gameplay HD

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - No Friends Gameplay HD

Gametrailers.com - Dead Space - Guillotine Gameplay HD

Looks like it will keep you regular.

Old October 4, 2008, 09:34 PM
MVP

It really is Aliens meets Resident Evil... which is bad for everyone with a weak bladder and/or colon. We are under a month until its released and I am chomping at the bit for the 6th and final animated comic to be released. I am also really looking forward to the animated movie that I beleive will be released around the same time as the game.
Old October 12, 2008, 10:11 AM
MVP

Just so everyone knows IGN has a regular and video of this game already. The reviews are for the Ps3/360 version but I am pretty sure the PC version is almost the same. Not to ruin the review but apparently this game isn't the steaming pile that Alone in the Dark turned out to be.
Old October 19, 2008, 09:57 PM
MVP

Gameguru Mania - The Best Gaming News
not the best new at all :( but good to know before its bought for the PC... and USB 360 controllers are expensive- sigh.
Oh yes I give Monsterp all the credit for cluing me into this info. if he hadn't told me and I got this game found out the hard way I would have been royally pissed off. Thanks Monsterp!
Old October 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So I picked this up instead of Far Cry 2 and I must say it is doing a hell of a job giving me the willies! So far I am lovin this game. I have played about 1.5 hrs worth so far.

The PC control complaints floating around the web are valid but easily fixed by turning off vsync and boosting mouse sensitivity in game a bit. Now everything feels pretty good and I have no complaints. I actually bought a gamer pad for PC from BB for $6 on sale just in case, but there is no need. KB and mouse are working fine so far.

The actual control scheme takes a little getting used to. You can tell it is a console game for sure, but again, this to me is fine as the game is trying to break out of the box a bit for a space/horror shooter.

The over the shoulder view is alright and I think the FOV is cropped quite close on purpose to add to the scare tactics of the game. The graphics are stellar on my 8800GT at 1680x1050, all maxed out and running smooth as butter. I still have not measured my FPS but there is absolutely no stutters or mouse lag. I would wager I am well above 30FPS on average. It feels as good as HL2 or Doom 3 does on my rig as far as I'm concerned.

Of course playing at night, lights out and headphones on is enough to scare the poop out of me at times. The audio is frickin amazing. The voice acting is top notch and all the sounds of necromorphs scurrying around in air ducts, creepy whispery voices, clanks, steam etc etc... is just absolutely awesome!!!! I quite frankly won't be able to play more than an hour at a time as my heart can't take much more than that.

It is definitely a corridor game, no sandbox here. You have a little bit of choice in the order of the missions you take and there's a bit of exploring you can do to. I have zero regrets of buying this over Far Cry 2 at this time. I can tell this is likely the sleeper hit of 2008 for me. After 1.5 hrs I say 9/10.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's my biggest concern is scaring myself to death! lol. Sounds pretty good though.

Old October 23, 2008, 11:33 PM
MVP

Thanks dude your comments about the controls take away a HUGE amount of anxiety I had about this game on the PC. And knowing someone who isn't a paid video-game reviewer loves it really helps. Thanks again man.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Glad I could help. I just measured my frames for the last 10-15 minutes with FRAPS and I am low=70FPS high=108+ FPS. I'll post some screens tomorrow. It's bed time and I might not get to sleep for a while LOL.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE