Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
MVP

I just got an epic loot on my Shaman from PQ. And it will be gone tomorrow....
Old September 14, 2008, 04:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So I got stuck playing, even with all my complaints - because a crap tonne of people I know are in it. We'll see if it keeps my interest for as long or longer than Age of Conan lol.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 22, 2008, 07:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Any updates on this since it's officially out?

Loooooong time WoW player here looking for a change... I'm not 100% confident that WOTLK will be all that hot.
Old September 22, 2008, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not bad, I mean it's very wow like, it's a LOT less complicated than wow. It offers something different, it's hard to say. In all honest I'd just pick it up and try it out for yourself, you'll either LOVE it or HATE it.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 22, 2008, 11:26 AM
MVP

It's pretty fun so far. The gameplay and PvP combat are a lot better than WoW. While WoW is still a much more polished and complete game, WAR is shaping up pretty nicely and very fun to play.

In comparison to WoW, WAR often provides more conveniences for the players. Examples:
  • No equipment decay (no repair cost)
  • No corpse running (you respawn in camps when you die)
  • Bags are automatically given to you (every 10 levels?)
  • You gain XP through PvP (though less than when you quest)
To me the game is still not as user-friendly as WoW, but if you've played an MMORPG in the past, it should be easy to adjust to this one. And if you enjoy PvP, you will probably like this game.

More on comparison with WoW: A World of Warcraft player's guide to Warhammer Online - Massively

Where do you guys play at? I'm currently playing a lvl 7 Shaman and lvl 10 DoK in Azazel.
Old September 22, 2008, 12:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

More on comparison with WoW: A World of Warcraft player's guide to Warhammer Online - Massively[/quote]

That's actually a pretty good article, alot of focus on the "positives" or WAR but still a good comparo.

I'll see if I can find a buddy who has it so I can give it a quick try.