Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
Rookie

Beautiful graphics, really cool, addictive MP action.
I've been playing it since the day it came out for PC, and am still not sick of it. I only play on tactical servers though. Not into the rng thing, and like to play search and destroy as a team, against another team playing as a team. Too many of the CoD 4 servers out there have people running just willy-nilly, shooting up everything, totally disorganized.

I was kind of disappointed in the single player, though, but not surprised. It had a cool storyline, and what there was of it, was very cool, but it wasn't enough. It seems games these days which offer MP tend to skimp on the SP version. I really like long games like Half-Life 2, and wish there were more of them out there like it.

But I can't stop playing CoD 4 multiplayer once I start. Three thumbs up.
Old August 26, 2008, 12:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Couple of West Coast servers I frequent which are both unmodded Hardcore mode:
Seattle Bandits & Canadian Shire (sorry I don't know the IP's offhand)

Both servers are in Seattle & I ping around 60 to them from Alberta which is great for me (I'm used to ~110 to East Coast/Central) servers

I'm iffy about CoD5 simply because from what I hear it's being produced by the same crowd that made CoD3 (which from what I hear sucked)
Flamethrower would be cool though...flashbacks to CoD:UO

@ whoever it was who said they were too "nooby" to try MP:
Try it! If you can beat SP in veteran mode (only way to play imo) you should be fine...it's mostly a matter of learning the maps.

I second Canadian shire, the odd time I have a few hours to kill I try that one first. Good server, seems to have been full the last couple of times I tried it... though that was a few months ago. Seems to be a popular server.
Old September 16, 2008, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

You guys are really making me try MP on COD4. I've played the SP many times, but after a system rebuild, I'm playing the game after 8 months. Currently playing on Normal level, gonna try hardened and then vetenar.. But MP should be tried soon.. :P
Old September 16, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Use the minimap to see where people are. And HEY! I use a P90 + UAV + Silencer! But i'm a Solo guy, I like to sneak up behind enemy lines and wipe out rooms of guys. I like to think I'm pretty decent at it, actually got a couple 5:1 Kill to Deaths lately. Hmm, wonder if we should start up a HWC COD4 Server! wonder what they cost! Gonna look into it!
Old September 16, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haven't played it at all yet, but I've been thinking about picking it up. If HWC had their own server and I was playing with/against the great people here, I would be all over it.

1x240 GB Mushkin Chronos Enhanced SSD - 1x500 GB Seagate Hybrid Momentus - 1X2 TB Western Digital Green - Pioneer DVR-212D - Antec P182 - Rosewill Photon 850 - 2X24" Acer G246HYL - Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old September 18, 2008, 12:24 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
You guys are really making me try MP on COD4. I've played the SP many times, but after a system rebuild, I'm playing the game after 8 months. Currently playing on Normal level, gonna try hardened and then vetenar.. But MP should be tried soon.. :P

Ha! after reading through this thread I went back to singleplayer... I played through it once when I first got the game and then went striclty MP, but I am having a blast playing through it again... should have done this sooner. Plus it's cool to reconize the multi-player maps that are part of the single player levels... plus,there's much less of a chance of my mouse getting thrown across the room. (never should have gotten a wireless mouse)
Old September 24, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

has anyone tried the paintball mod that just came out for cod4. its awesome. u get all real markers like spyders,tippmann 98 customs,tippmann A-5, tippmann X-7. i been playin it for like 3 days st8 now and havn't touched another server. havn't even been to my clans server lol