Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22, 2008, 06:40 PM
Rookie

Beautiful graphics, really cool, addictive MP action.
I've been playing it since the day it came out for PC, and am still not sick of it. I only play on tactical servers though. Not into the rng thing, and like to play search and destroy as a team, against another team playing as a team. Too many of the CoD 4 servers out there have people running just willy-nilly, shooting up everything, totally disorganized.

I was kind of disappointed in the single player, though, but not surprised. It had a cool storyline, and what there was of it, was very cool, but it wasn't enough. It seems games these days which offer MP tend to skimp on the SP version. I really like long games like Half-Life 2, and wish there were more of them out there like it.

But I can't stop playing CoD 4 multiplayer once I start. Three thumbs up.
Old August 26, 2008, 01:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Couple of West Coast servers I frequent which are both unmodded Hardcore mode:
Seattle Bandits & Canadian Shire (sorry I don't know the IP's offhand)

Both servers are in Seattle & I ping around 60 to them from Alberta which is great for me (I'm used to ~110 to East Coast/Central) servers

I'm iffy about CoD5 simply because from what I hear it's being produced by the same crowd that made CoD3 (which from what I hear sucked)
Flamethrower would be cool though...flashbacks to CoD:UO

@ whoever it was who said they were too "nooby" to try MP:
Try it! If you can beat SP in veteran mode (only way to play imo) you should be fine...it's mostly a matter of learning the maps.

I second Canadian shire, the odd time I have a few hours to kill I try that one first. Good server, seems to have been full the last couple of times I tried it... though that was a few months ago. Seems to be a popular server.
Old September 16, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

You guys are really making me try MP on COD4. I've played the SP many times, but after a system rebuild, I'm playing the game after 8 months. Currently playing on Normal level, gonna try hardened and then vetenar.. But MP should be tried soon.. :P
Old September 16, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Use the minimap to see where people are. And HEY! I use a P90 + UAV + Silencer! But i'm a Solo guy, I like to sneak up behind enemy lines and wipe out rooms of guys. I like to think I'm pretty decent at it, actually got a couple 5:1 Kill to Deaths lately. Hmm, wonder if we should start up a HWC COD4 Server! wonder what they cost! Gonna look into it!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 16, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haven't played it at all yet, but I've been thinking about picking it up. If HWC had their own server and I was playing with/against the great people here, I would be all over it.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old September 18, 2008, 01:24 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
You guys are really making me try MP on COD4. I've played the SP many times, but after a system rebuild, I'm playing the game after 8 months. Currently playing on Normal level, gonna try hardened and then vetenar.. But MP should be tried soon.. :P

Ha! after reading through this thread I went back to singleplayer... I played through it once when I first got the game and then went striclty MP, but I am having a blast playing through it again... should have done this sooner. Plus it's cool to reconize the multi-player maps that are part of the single player levels... plus,there's much less of a chance of my mouse getting thrown across the room. (never should have gotten a wireless mouse)
Old September 24, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

has anyone tried the paintball mod that just came out for cod4. its awesome. u get all real markers like spyders,tippmann 98 customs,tippmann A-5, tippmann X-7. i been playin it for like 3 days st8 now and havn't touched another server. havn't even been to my clans server lol