Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default PC gaming and the mainstream: Tweaktown Article

An article about the future of PC gaming and what has to be done to keep the platform competative against consoles. I for one, hope that the PC doesn't become a strictly MMORPG platform, which is currently the niche that it's finding for itself, as I don't play these games- not sure what can be done to attract gamers to the platform, but the requirement for 700 dollar video cards and a lack of drivers isn't helping.

"Since its inception decades ago, the video gaming industry has become a force to be reckoned with that is growing stronger and bigger every day. It has developed from its humble beginnings to a legitimate multi billion dollar world wide industry, forcing itself into the company of entertainment mediums such as film and television for mainstream appeal and success despite the reluctance from some corners of the private sector, media and government. Hell, we've reached the stage now where some B-/C+ grade movies are starting to base themselves on videogames on a semi regular basis and not just the other way around. However, if you scratch beneath the surface of this industry and its success at least in its more recent years, two distinct stories can be and are being told - the story of the PC gaming industry, and the story of the console gaming industry. Collectively, they tell a story of constant evolution and adapting, but individually, they tell it in two very different ways."

More from TT Gamer
Old April 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
MVP

I hear you there, i am not one for MMORPG games at all! but if you notice the industry that where its heading and yea you can spend 700 on a console and play all these games or spen 1200+ on a mid range gaming machine

so yea its hard to justify a Computer over a console, but for me i will always pick the puter or a console anyday
Tathar – WIP*Q9550*Gigabyte EP45-UD3P*OCZ Reaper PC-8500 4gbX2*OCZ Vertex 120gb*WD 1TB WD1001FALS*BFG GTX275*