Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2008, 03:28 PM
Rookie

Default gaming computer

say if i wanted to buy a gaming computer that's not custom built what should i look for, i was thinking a alienware area-51 alx ( also wondering if it came in a blue lighting system instead of red) o and price = not a problem.
Old August 8, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Price is not a problem then any company would be good. Alienware or falcon northwest are good ones. Although I personally don't like the alienware cases.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 8, 2008, 05:59 PM
MVP

AWW you sure you don't want to build it !? with your budget you could make a nice system and save a little money in the process and it is so FUN but anyway i have to say the gaming rigs made at FrontierPC.com - Canada's PC Technology Experts 1.866.800.8060 are very good too
Old August 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

NCIx will assemble your parts if you want for an extra fee.

Personally, though, its worth looking into learning to build your own just so you can save money when upgrading in the future at least. There are lots of people here who will help you choose the right parts for your needs. Plus if you have no budget (as such) then you can go really high-end and save some money for something else rather than paying a premium at falcon-northwest or whatever.

If you really dont care about budget though I like the look of the HP blackbird systems HP with VoodooDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph View Post
say if i wanted to buy a gaming computer that's not custom built what should i look for, i was thinking a alienware area-51 alx ( also wondering if it came in a blue lighting system instead of red) o and price = not a problem.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.

Last edited by magictorch; August 8, 2008 at 07:12 PM.