Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2008, 01:59 PM
Allstar

hmm, and what about deus ex? deus 1 was way deadly, 2 kinda sucked but was easy. Now, three is supposed to be released next year MAYBE. We will see how that goes. Some games are just repeasts, like those silly driving games, or shooters to. But, Deus Ex had so much to it, it can be rehashed IMO
Old August 7, 2008, 03:54 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Well franchises bring in good money and it works - BUT sequel doesn't mean prettier - some sequels are really bad - take the last Myst for example it sucked really bad IMO especially the ending compared with others.......So if developrs keep on doing this, it means it works and people like it.
Awww don't tell me that. I have the last installment of Myst here but haven't played it yet. I enjoyed the first couple and was hoping they maintained the quality.
Old August 7, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
Awww don't tell me that. I have the last installment of Myst here but haven't played it yet. I enjoyed the first couple and was hoping they maintained the quality.
Well if you played Myst 5, notice how they use motion video mixed with the graphics engine, I really liked that - In 6, they use a different engine - the characters are rendered in realtime now, game is much smaller because of that, however, the game is short I find, and yes it wasn't as fun as Myst 4 and 5 :D BTW, you have different endings in Myst 6, I won't give out more, but you'll see, just make sure you save when you are at the part where you have to decide where to go have fun and be prepared for having a solve handy for when you get stuck in puzzles (it WILL happen) :D