Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default Gta4 On Pc!!!!!!!!!!!

GTA IV Announced on PC!

Posted by adamcs at 15:53. Category: General
Rockstar Games have announced that GTA IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively. Hurrah!
New York, NY August 6, 2008 Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.
"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."
Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

source (GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - News: Latest Screens, Information, Updates)

HELLZ YEAAAAAAAAAA

Can't wait..

Old August 6, 2008, 10:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

Sweet, I've been waiting for the PC version! I don't have a PS3 so I haven't even seen it.
Old August 6, 2008, 10:28 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I was gonna buy a ps3 for this and MSG4. Instead I upgraded my vid cards, glad I did. My patience will be rewarded by better graphics and no draw in.
Old August 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

...and MGS4 option out of the list

Seriously, all the GTA on PC were running great, there were some issues with San Andreas, it was kind of rushed, but I can't wait to upload user created content like the previous one.

Yay!
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old August 6, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

I've seen it running on a Xbox 360 Elite version and the gameplay isn't flawless on the console..i mean, I'm not really used with the controller thingie ..i'm glad that it will be on pc also :) + we got newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC. YEAH!!! Its worth the wait in the end
Old August 6, 2008, 11:00 AM
Top Prospect

I will definitly buy this one !
2x MSI GTX780 Lightning
1200W Antec PSU
Old August 6, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This game has a lot of bad press - Did you read lately in Thailand, game is being banned as a teen (doN't recall, maybe he was in his early 20's) went on a killing spree GTA style, he wanted to see if it was just as easy to rob a taxi - he ended up killing the guy. Yeah I guess we need more games like that so that kids go and do the same thing - Canada's crime and gang rate has gone up the roof these past years, I guess games like that can only put more fuel on the fire. I mean honestly, I have nothing against games, and for most normal people it's just a game, BUT it seems that today a lot of kids get influenced....
Old August 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
Canada's crime and gang rate has gone up the roof these past years
What?

Canada's crime rate lowest in 25 years. (from a year ago)

Canada's crime rate drops for 3rd straight year. (from a couple weeks ago)
Old August 6, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
This game has a lot of bad press - Did you read lately in Thailand, game is being banned as a teen (doN't recall, maybe he was in his early 20's) went on a killing spree GTA style, he wanted to see if it was just as easy to rob a taxi - he ended up killing the guy. Yeah I guess we need more games like that so that kids go and do the same thing - Canada's crime and gang rate has gone up the roof these past years, I guess games like that can only put more fuel on the fire. I mean honestly, I have nothing against games, and for most normal people it's just a game, BUT it seems that today a lot of kids get influenced....
Lol..bad press? so you're actually saying that Canada should ban games too?..The guy was 18 and this was in Thailand ..big deal..its about the education, no normal guy would do this..maybe he lived in the virtual world..

This is the full story: Grand Theft Auto 4 Pulled From Thailand Shelves

The game doesn't have anything to do with this..and btw, canada's crime rate doesn't have anything to do with these type of games..gangs just do this..well that's why they're called gangs..
Old August 6, 2008, 02:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Remember in the 80's all the fuss about heavy metal rock? How it was being blamed for all kinds of deaths?

There are always mentally ill people out there, some of whom are going to do inexplicable things. (recent Greyhound incident?) Blaming it on music or games is ridiculous. What about movies? Halloween series, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw series? These are way worse for gore, but they don't get pulled from the shelves when someone decides to stab some other poor soul.

What are some of the most successful shows on TV? CSI and spinoffs, Law & Order and spinoffs. Of course, you feel better at the end because the bad guy ends up in jail. What if they didn't?

What a lot of people don't understand is that GTA series are a parody of how we view criminal activities. They're a joke. Crass, but still a joke.

Sorry, enough rambling.