Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
O RLY ?

That sounds more like politicians putting their hands in sand - Like the provincial government saying nothing is wrong with our hospitals and road.

What a load of BS. Gang related crimes are on the rise you can ask some residents in some municipalities, that have lived 20 years in the same place, how SAFE they feel now, they can't take out the trash by fear of being intimidated by gang members walking the streets at all hours of the day now.
Old August 6, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

This supposed to be a gta thread and..dude, you exaggerate.. and btw chill, you can't do nothing..just live your life xD
Old August 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
MVP

I hate when the media blames video games or listening to Marilyn Manson etc for gang violence or murders etc. Such a cop out! Its easy to point the finger at games or music when no one looks for the REAL reason. Bad parenting or unbalanced individuals is the cause, not a game or music. I've been playing violent video games since I was 14, and have I killed anyone or hurt anyone by acting out the scenes in games? No! That's because I can tell the difference between reality and fantasy and right and wrong. Games or music don't create violence, its the unbalanced individual. Also the media is to blame as well, thanks to them, there are a lot of columbine copy-cats.
Old August 6, 2008, 04:45 PM
Allstar

The game is rated 17+ anyways ... Kids shouldn't be playing them and adults are exposed to all sorts of violence whether it be through media or reality.

I, for one, am ecstatic and will pre-order it for sure. I hope it's available through Steam on launch day ... I was going to buy a PS3 for this and GT5 (if/when it ever gets released), but when I read rumours online that GTA IV would be available for PC this fall, I decided to hold off on the PS3 purchase and I'm glad I did :)

My brother has it for 360 and the graphics are terrible compared to a typical blockbuster PC game. The game seriously needs some anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing, and a resolution higher than 1024x600 :P Framerate got a little choppy in some areas as well and don't even get me started on how awkward the lock-on aim feature is on the consoles ... The only plus is that driving w/ the 360 controller makes getaways ridiculously easy :)

Last edited by Jmac; August 6, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old August 6, 2008, 08:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

This game is awsome! I've really been waiting for it to come on PC, I've played it on the 360, but I really don't like playing these type of games on the console, I need the mouse!

Thanks for the info!

ps. To everyone going on a rant about things not related to GTA 4 on PC ...
Old August 6, 2008, 08:16 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
O RLY ?

That sounds more like politicians putting their hands in sand - Like the provincial government saying nothing is wrong with our hospitals and road.

What a load of BS. Gang related crimes are on the rise you can ask some residents in some municipalities, that have lived 20 years in the same place, how SAFE they feel now, they can't take out the trash by fear of being intimidated by gang members walking the streets at all hours of the day now.
Yeah, it's off topic, but what load is this?

Seriously, where in Canada could anyone possibly feel threatened enough not to take out the trash? I'm thinking hard, and really trying to come up with answers.
Old August 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iv:xx View Post
Yeah, it's off topic, but what load is this?

Seriously, where in Canada could anyone possibly feel threatened enough not to take out the trash? I'm thinking hard, and really trying to come up with answers.
Many parts of Quebec, some areas are infested with gangs (Outremont, North of montreal, Laval, petite bourgogne, st-michel, cote des neiges, ) should I keep going ? Look up crypt/crackdown possies & Bo-gars to name a few gangs that are slowly taking over territories in Montreal and intimidating/attacking innocent people even in broad day light.
But anyways, this is off topic.... come and visit some parts of Montreal, downtown Quebec, Laval, etc, and we'll talk.

Now back on topic....

I'm looking forward to the version on the PC just out of curiosity, want to see what it's all about - I've been disappointed with previous GTAs on the PC because of the bugs and scripting flaws that caused you to get stuck in the game and have to reload.
Old August 8, 2008, 12:50 PM
Top Prospect

As much as I wanted to get this game for my (somewhat) new PC, now I'm torn between Left 4 Dead, GTA IV and Fallout 3. I already went on a binge and bought World in Conflict and Company of Heroes Gold (includes Opposing Fronts). I don't want to buy more than one game a month!

But great to see GTA IV finally make it's PC appearance...
| Antec 1200 Case | Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit |
Old August 8, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well 1 game per month so you can buy one at a time, that will keep you busy long enough for the next one :)
Old August 9, 2008, 02:06 AM
Rookie

Handling the cars with the keyboard will be IMPOSSIBLE :(