Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Fallout 3 120 dollar edition ... I mean Survival edition. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/9128-fallout-3-120-dollar-edition-i-mean-survival-edition.html)

TwystedMonkey August 5, 2008 01:45 PM

Fallout 3 120 dollar edition ... I mean Survival edition.

So I heard about the fact there was going to be 3 versions of F3 and I was a little surprised. Regular edition sure, collectors edition for sure... survival edition? An Amazon exclusive oh boy! 120 bucks.... WTF. And the only thing you get in it that you don't in the Collectors Edition is a life-sized Pep boy ... thats a clock. Don't get me wrong I don't know if its more than just a clock but from the pictures thats all it seems to be. So 50 bucks for a clock. A kinda neat looking clock I will give you but man. Whew I feel better now that I have vented. I will still get this game for sure but I am thinking the Plain old Collectors edition will be good enough for me.

Oh yes I forgot there is a bobble-head as well..... WOOOOOO!

lcdguy August 5, 2008 01:55 PM

i think they should change it from the Survival Edition to the Ha Ha Suckers edition :)

misterlarry August 5, 2008 05:19 PM

It certainly has nothing to do with the survival of your wallet. I sure hope F3 is made available for digital download (cheaper).

belgolas August 5, 2008 07:17 PM

WOW! well almost as bad as Halo 3 unbelievably expensive master chief edition that only cost them 2cents to make. I mean the Legendary edition.

Well Soul Caliber 4 collectors was amazing. it was only 10 bucks more and came with an art book, sound track, an extra large t-shirt, a character editor that is not available for the regular version and some other things I can't remember. That to me is way woth it for 10 bucks. Plus a nice metal case instead of a plastic one.

muse108dc August 5, 2008 10:10 PM

I dont see any reason to get collectors editions, they rarely add anything to the game but this is going to far, I highly doubt that thing is worth 50$

Jack Rabbit August 6, 2008 01:06 AM

meh

It is just retail therapy. The same thing goes for that Halo box with the Master Chief's head in it. Some people like these things and for the price of dinner and a movie I am not going to say boo about it.

llama_egg August 6, 2008 02:50 AM

If you have to ask why, your not a big enough fan! I must say, I was tempted for a while, just because it's so awesome, but the price is quite hard to swallow, I mean, owning my own pip-boy? Totally radical (see what I did there? Rad? Yeah....)! But for $50, I was really hoping for something a bit higher quality, which is pretty much the whole reason my preorder went towards the normal $70 special edition.

Oh, and the bobble head is awesome, seriously, I want my vault boy on my desk already.

thenewguy001 August 6, 2008 01:41 PM

Half-Life 2 gold was the only sort of collectors edition that was really worth it. It meant that I got to play all of valve's old titles that I never bothered to get, like blue shift and Condition Zero. It also meant I didn't need to pay an extra $20 for DOD:S when it came out. It also included a nifty HL2 baseball cap, a poster, and a strategy guide.

Cheator August 20, 2008 10:18 PM

I remember buying gold... 150 bucks USD after all was said and done. Never used the strategy guide...