Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2008, 10:52 PM
Top Prospect

Default Anyone here play EVE Online?

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone here is playing eve online? I'm checking out new games and was just curious what it's like. I'm wondering how the game works too like do you fly a ship around and make upgrades to it and fight in the ship or is it like warcraft 3 where you control a bunch of units? I just think playing an mmorpg would be cool if you were piloting a ship and making upgrades and stuff to fight in. anyways! let me know!
~~~~~~~~~~Coolermaster Centurion 5~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 22, 2008, 07:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraszat14 View Post
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone here is playing eve online? I'm checking out new games and was just curious what it's like. I'm wondering how the game works too like do you fly a ship around and make upgrades to it and fight in the ship or is it like warcraft 3 where you control a bunch of units? I just think playing an mmorpg would be cool if you were piloting a ship and making upgrades and stuff to fight in. anyways! let me know!
I played it for like 10 hours, and I got bored... the tutorial took me around 5 hours to complete. Hell, buying ammo on one planet, and then you need to get to the warehouse on the other planet... and the traveling takes around 1 - 2 hours REAL TIME. That lost my interest. But I guess that was only in the early stages.

My friend played it for a while and the universe is huge. Basicly zones leaded by players and some places have NPC. You can try to take over place with your clan but it can get nasty. Also, the ship customization is great lots of upgradable parts.

I guess you like or don't I might try again, but I told myself to wait to play another MMO, because they are time consuming, while playing MGS4 or any other games, gives you the nice option of "Pausing the game" and do something else, espically in the summer.

I won't say EVE is a bad game, it's really awesome, but I just don't like it, and it's not because I don't like it, that you shouldn't play
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old July 22, 2008, 11:45 AM
Allstar

I have old clan m8's who defected to EVE, and they just love it. THey admit its about a 3 day or so learning curve to become proficient in the controls, and the universe is MASSIVE.