Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2008, 09:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Just putting MX-2 on it won't really help that much. The problem is that the xbox gets too hot, therefore the X-clamps holding the heatsinks on the GPU and CPU deform, creating a cold connection from the mobo to the CPU, and GPU. Bolting the heatsinks down would be the best option here.
I meant using MX-2 as the TIM while doing the bolt-down mod rather than whatever crap they have on there.
Old July 17, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well, I found the recipt. It was in the original box along with all the accessories and packaging, score! If I cant return it, I'll attempt to fix it. If that doesnt work, I'll do something like BrainEater and his 680i...... Because seriously, the 360 is the biggest piece of S%$& I have ever owned.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old July 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

seems anybody can Fix a xbox!
YouTube - Xbox Smashing
Old July 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sometimes the fixes work, sometimes they don't. My friend and I tried to fix his that was out of warranty, when it failed we used a sledge and the liberal application of gasoline to fix its wagon.

Be careful when it comes to opening the 360, those things are tightly sealed up.
Old July 17, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would say opening the 360 is really easy. As long as you have some computer experience, (You have WAYYY more than me) then you should be able to fix it with no problems at all. If you decide to fix it yourself, heres that PDF again.
Old July 17, 2008, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yeah, bookmarked the pdf link, thanks!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old July 17, 2008, 05:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I meant more that its finicky to get some of the plastic pieces off, the actual breakdown of whats in there is no trouble at all, its just the goddawfuly large amount of fasteners and such that they loaded the thing with.
Old July 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
Yeah, bookmarked the pdf link, thanks!
No problem, just glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckleBrother View Post
I meant more that its finicky to get some of the plastic pieces off, the actual breakdown of whats in there is no trouble at all, its just the goddawfuly large amount of fasteners and such that they loaded the thing with.
Yeah.. I agree that there are WAYY too much of those plastic pieces to get off, I tried so hard getting them off that I actually broke one of them.
Old July 18, 2008, 07:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

To be fair though the thing IS sturdy, we accidently dropped one down a flight of stairs and it still works.
Old July 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
Allstar

LoL I just bought a 360 system and geuss wha? I was like starting to get leet in FZ2 and really tweaked my lancia. Than all of the sudden, my 360 started to grind really really loud. So, my 360 lived for about 4 hours zOMfG!!!!! Brought it back to the retailer and they wouldnt take it back, nor would they exchange it for one that worked. So, i went back home, and did some research. And this sticker that was supposed to be there under the faceplate wasnt LoL When you send to microSHAFT, htey send you a new one back heheh. And the sticker? Some brat prolly freakin scammed MS out of a newone with the towel trick hehehhe. But I wound up rippering my machine apart and noticed, mine was brand new, and had NO warranty sticker LoL So i was mbasically on my hands and knees for microSHAFT LOL. So, basically, i had to get a TORX-10 driver and some crazy glue and glue the broken down dvd player magnets back so the discs can spin up. And if that dint work, I would have went to a game store that demos a 360 and basically yank hte faceplate off and take the sticker for mine LooooL. Than take my 360, wrap it up in a towel real tighht, and start gaming................