LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2008, 10:07 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Spore
Old July 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

But Fallout 3 is my most anticipated title. Spent 100's of hours on Oblivion and can't wait for this one.
Old July 16, 2008, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh yeah I forgot about spore!!! I have it in pre-order LOL
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old July 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nobody mentioned Far Cry 2 yet ? I'm surprised :D This one is coming soon and it looks hot (litteraly). I hope that a certain online store get their act together and send me what I ordered so I can get to play that game when it comes out, using new rig :)

Also, Call Of Duty 5, looking forward to that as well!
Old July 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

COD5 will be amazing, I've enjoyed the entire series. Farcry 2 was mentioned hehehe also the Bioware MMO hopefully based on KOTOR could possibly be amazing!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old July 16, 2008, 11:26 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Yah, gotta love all that scripted action IW throws at you. When done well like that it is better than most non-linear open world games.
Old July 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Top Prospect

Farcry 2 and whatever the next Elder Scrolls will be called are the two I'm biting my nails waiting for.
Old July 16, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I must confess - I like linear games - actually when the story is good and is it is properly implamented which is rare nowadays, but I still enjoy a linear game - Those open-ended worlds tend to require more time, which I don't have. Although that doesn't mean I don't play non linear games from time to time.

As to Call Of Duty, big fan of the game too - I've seen some footage for COD 5, world at war, and it really looks good, I hope it will last longer - Looks like both COD5 and FC2 will require some good hardware to play full quality - I'm just a little disappointed to see the lack of DX10 titles - most are DX9. I would like to see more games use the FULL features of DX10, or more of them.

DX11 is around the corner, and we already only have a handful of DX10 stuff :D
Old July 16, 2008, 01:03 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Every so=called dx10 game so far released has been nothing more than a dx9 title with some dx10 shaders tacked on.

A true dx10 title has yet to be written. It will have to be native with no dx9 support. Read up on the geometry shader, the truly revolutionary part of dx10 that is not being used yet.
Old July 16, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Every so=called dx10 game so far released has been nothing more than a dx9 title with some dx10 shaders tacked on.

A true dx10 title has yet to be written. It will have to be native with no dx9 support. Read up on the geometry shader, the truly revolutionary part of dx10 that is not being used yet.
Reading this is very frustrating :) You spend $$$ on a new graphics card and it's not fully used - not only by game developers but by graphic card makers, because their driver is not fully optimized. By the time NVIDIA makes full use of its GPU's power, a new card comes out. Now here's the problem with DX10 exclusive titles - That will force people to use VISTA - and let's face it, many people are happy with Windows XP because of the better performance in DX9 games - mind you VISTA has gone a long way with recent drivers, but still, I use XP myself for DX9 gaming and VISTA for DX10 - but DX10 ONLY games, you won't see that for a very long time, at least until people forget about XP and move on :) Games still look good in DX9, it's gone a long way since DX5 anyways :)