Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2009, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yes, ME2 is suppose to be open ended. I was perhaps a little harsh but honest

first time through it wasnt too bad, but the side missions completely ruined it for me, and tiny stuff like the lack of people on the citadel annoyed me, and built up into a severe dislike of the game. If you dont look at the glaring flaws then its not a bad game, combat was good "enough" and the story was good, I have replayed it several times, every class and all achievements, but if I start it up now its flaws annoy me to the point where it is a chore to play. Each to his own I geuss
Old September 27, 2009, 09:35 PM
MVP

Each to his own indeed - but I do have to say, when I think of all the games that i never even bothered to finish, to hear somebody say that they didn't like a game that they played all the way through, every class and all achievements - so you must have liked it quite a bit at one point, no? I eventually stopped playing it too, but mainly because there just wasn't anything left i hadn't done already. But I kept my last save file, because i heard you could import that into the new game.
Hold it, this thread was supposed to be about Dragon Age!
Old September 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

First off I have a compulsion to finish everything I start, I hated FarCry2 yet I finished that as well, not as extensively as MassEffect, but then MassEffect did have several pluses which I liked (I'm a sucker for a good story, force powers, and games made by the same people as KOTOR) but over time it's flaws glared at me more and more. Tell me the side missions were good and I will be shocked, there was NO variation in them at all.
Old September 28, 2009, 01:17 PM
MVP

That is so true, they were pretty predictable all right. But the main quest was soooo good - and it was fun to get the good guns and armor and then blast the crap out of everything in sight. Or hit it with that lift spell and then fill it full of holes. Or....well, you get the idea.
Old October 8, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man I hate to say it but I think I'm already addicted to this game. If it doesn't deliver, misterlarry is going to be one unhappy gamer. If anyone else is interested in the updates and add-ons, here you go.

Dragon Age Origins - Addon

If ME2 brings the same gameplay that DA:O is promising, it's going to be great also.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old October 9, 2009, 12:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

I find it odd that they are selling the addons before the game is released...

but yes, I am getting rather addicted to this as well
Old October 15, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

I was wondering if anyone is playing with the character creator that was recently released. I've dabbled in it but while I can get satisfactory results, my talents lie elsewhere so I'll be brief and maybe wrong.

I think that there are enough options to have quite a range of appearancess, the presets are decent and the ability to alter the voice is nice as well. Though I feel limited in some regaurds, though it might just be that I looked in the wrong places. A good time waster for while you wait for the game
Old October 15, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played around with it a bit, and I might have come up with my Mage character. There's also been some additional soundtrack music added to the website. I might have to get a soundcard for this one, the tracks sound pretty good.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old October 20, 2009, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm just curious, you can upload your characters, or at least images of them, is there a way to download other peoples and I'm just missing it?
Old October 20, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's a niftly little designer, although 90% of the settings will do nothing but warp your face into something grotesque and you'll never manage to figure out how to undo it, so you wind up going back to default and starting over again. Just like Mass Effect, come to think of it.

Still, the game looks promising, and I'm almost certainly going to be buying this. Mostly just a question of which digital service will be getting my money.