Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11, 2008, 10:14 AM
MVP

Default Champion Online = City of Heroes 2.0 < Serious Psychological Trauma

The addictive part of my mind has been subtely plotting revenge since many years ago in a fit of meta-human will power I pistol-whipped, bound, gagged it and procceded to dump its inert mass down a garbage chute. And that is a lovely metaphor for not buying a second WOW playtime card. Since then the constant whispering from the chute has always made me wonder if I could have kept playing WOW and still have led the rich full life I have until now... (i said that with a straight face - good for me....) Anyways I love Comic books and I used to collect them when I was younger and I still try and keep up with whats going on in them through various online sources. And I have always had the dream of someday writing one because though I love to write I don't think my ideas would lend themselves to novel form particularly well. Now to tie these 2 jumbled messes together against there wills... Champions Online looks like it could be an MMORPG that could give me inspiration for more ideas and maybe even give me an outlet for the ideas I already have. And maybe the constant whispering would stop and if I kept the gameplaying to a manageble level I could still live.... Well its still months maybe years away until this game drops but it got me to thinking so I figured why not share my disturbing inane ranting with all the good people of HWC.... sorry in advance for any nosebleeds this post causes.
Old July 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
Allstar
F@H

Thanks for an entertaining read

Unfortunately, I can't comment on MMORPGs since my girlfriend won't let me try them...

Old July 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
MVP

DUDE we need to start some sort of underground network for guys like us. I am in exactly the same sinking ship, but right now even if I was allowed to play one 2 things kinda stop me. 1 Not knowing which one to choose.... and 2 the nagging thought of buying one and being all ready to play then finding my PC can't. Half because of Vista and half because I have an HP.
Old July 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
MVP

Well its actually not that she won't let me its that I work full time and we have 2 kids so ALOT of my time is spoken for right there. And a MMOprg would cut into our time together a wee bit. Thats the fear anyways. I personally think I could just sacrafice 4 hours of sleep a night... but after a couple of months I would probably think I was playing the game but in reality I would be running through downtown Maple Ridge in my underwear. News-worthy yes, pretty not so much....
Old July 11, 2008, 03:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey View Post
Well its actually not that she won't let me its that I work full time and we have 2 kids so ALOT of my time is spoken for right there. And a MMOprg would cut into our time together a wee bit. Thats the fear anyways. I personally think I could just sacrafice 4 hours of sleep a night... but after a couple of months I would probably think I was playing the game but in reality I would be running through downtown Maple Ridge in my underwear. News-worthy yes, pretty not so much....
lol
theirs always runescape lol my brought is like lvl 89 on that
Old July 13, 2008, 07:51 PM
MVP

Runescape is free right? Free games always make me kinda nervous I don't know why though...
Old July 14, 2008, 04:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

try out ultima online :D its the king of MMOs (imo of course) i just found a copy of the latest expantion of it (samuri empire or something like that) at best buy for like... 10 bucks? and if you have the aptitude for searching google a little, there are lots of free servers, and you can even make your own server with complete control :D

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old January 19, 2009, 10:59 AM
Rookie

If you like superheroes and stuff there is also DCU Online that is being made. You can have some information here on gamespy. GameSpy: DC Universe Online

It looks very nice, I can't say if it will be better then champion online as I don't have enough knowledge about that one. Running on the side of buildings looks fun ... watch the videos.
Old January 19, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

I tried to like and get into City of Heroes but I just couldn't do it.

The GUI was horrible, the graphics were crap and the game play was so slow.

But on that note.. I've thought about reviving my Level 70 Mage in WoW
Old January 19, 2009, 11:52 AM
Rookie

You are right, City of Heroes is boring. The fight are slow and the power sets are too limited everyone does the same tricks. The costumes are fun though.