Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2008, 05:30 PM
MVP

Default I got yer punkbuster right here....

So I have BF2 I patched it all up and its running ok on my system (an 8600 so yeah...) but I am still having my cornflakes crapped in a wee bit. 95 percent of the servers are punkbuster enabled and even though I updated it and added BF2 to games list and updated it again I still get booted by the bloody program. I really have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have heard it doesn't really work so why so many servers need to use it confuses me. Anyways like the update I am betting something very small is all i am doing wrong but I have no idea. Any and all help in insanely appreciated. I still have no rank at all I kinda enjoy being a sniper but the levels are so huge it can be kinda hard. Pulling a new york taxi-driver and running down fools is fun though. Yeah a long with my technical problems any gameplay advice would be cool to...
Old July 6, 2008, 06:38 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

i'm assuming you updated using this? myself and everyone in my clan uses it whenever a pb issue arises and it seems to rectify it.
perhaps try adjusting your game filters.
PunkBuster Online Countermeasures
Old July 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
MVP

ok stupid noob question time... Do I have to start PB everytime before I play BF2 online or does it enable automatically when I logon to my account? Because I can't seem to find the actualy program to start it first...and yes thats the same site that I was directed to before. I think i am going to set the graphics to low to see if that will fix a few screen hiccups I have had while sniping. Anyways my screen name is Twytsedmunki if you see me on a server feel free to say hello and give me some tips. Oh yes one other thing on the server selection screen there is a box at the bottom besides "punkbuster" should I have an X in that box or not?
Old July 6, 2008, 08:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

the x means that punkbuster is enabled and yes punk will turn itself on if u look in your task manger in game it will show punkbuster in it hope that helps
Old July 6, 2008, 08:40 PM
MVP

ok well thats good info for me to have now I just need to figure out why PB seems to have a hate for me because it boots me all the time...
Old July 6, 2008, 08:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

u did try this right that what fixed my bf2 blues, oh and make sure your firewall inst blocking it in game, but i bet u know way more about that stuff then i do so yeah lol . PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

EDIT: didn't see above link was already posted.
Old July 6, 2008, 08:47 PM
MVP

I doubt that I know more than you do.... and I am running Vista so i more than likely have some sort of firewall running whether I want it to or not.
Old July 6, 2008, 08:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey View Post
I doubt that I know more than you do.... and I am running Vista so i more than likely have some sort of firewall running whether I want it to or not.
oh then yeah it might be that as vistas firewall is actually really nice and has a lot of hidden features and i would help u with it but after i got service pack 1 my vista x64 just forgot all my drivers and i went back to xp x64 instead of hassling with it.

EDIT: hell u could try this. Even Balance Technical Support - End User License Agreement it's a support ticket
Old July 6, 2008, 08:54 PM
MVP

Do you of any really good servers I should keep my eyes open for? like ones with fairly little lag and people that don't mind helping noobs like myself figure stuff out...
Old July 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

uh i don't play much bf2 anymore as i mostly play cod4, i think any server that would do that are usually punk busted:( because at least in any 2142 servers unpunked there just like all hackers and people seeing who can cheat the fastest lol, if u need help like u want me to look at it i can put my vista drive in later tomorrow and then take look with remote at your firewall, are u using the windows firewall or like a norton one. oh and my xfire is reaverclan if that helps.