Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2008, 09:16 PM
MVP

Well i apparently can play COD4 on my 8600 with not to many issues according to a trusted friend so that cool. For a while there I was thinking i would need a better card to play it even close to well. So whenever I can afford the 50 bucks i will try and pick it up. A part of me wants to wait for a better video card because I have read the game is very very nice on High settings...
Old July 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey View Post
Well i apparently can play COD4 on my 8600 with not to many issues according to a trusted friend so that cool. For a while there I was thinking i would need a better card to play it even close to well. So whenever I can afford the 50 bucks i will try and pick it up. A part of me wants to wait for a better video card because I have read the game is very very nice on High settings...
that it is hers it maxed on my old vista setup, first time i played single player over half the game was just me hitting the screenshot button lol reaverclan/cod4 screens - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

the screen shots don't do it much justice oh and these are OLD pics

Old July 7, 2008, 09:25 AM
MVP

ok well I disabled my firewall temporarily to see if it was messing with Punkbuster... it wasn't. The message i keep getting is Restriction : Service communication error. And its something to do with PnkBstrA.exe. To say this is getting ridiculous is an understatement. Is anyone else that plays bf2 here using Vista? I am curious if Vista is putting the kaibosh on PB for some reason not related to the firewall. Actually I wonder if it could be my anti-virus... that may be worth checking out.
Old July 8, 2008, 12:16 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey View Post
ok well I disabled my firewall temporarily to see if it was messing with Punkbuster... it wasn't. The message i keep getting is Restriction : Service communication error. And its something to do with PnkBstrA.exe. To say this is getting ridiculous is an understatement. Is anyone else that plays bf2 here using Vista? I am curious if Vista is putting the kaibosh on PB for some reason not related to the firewall. Actually I wonder if it could be my anti-virus... that may be worth checking out.
whats your anti virus? and ill install vista agin maybe later today and fire up bf2 to see if its something with it, your 32 bit? im 64, IMO the 32 is garbage oh wait i was running bf2 in my vista i forgot just looked at a screenie of it with it running in my pics so yeah somethigs messing yours up. EDIT: do u have xfire?
Old July 8, 2008, 02:52 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

i know that Vista gave a lot of ppl hassles with BF2. somewhere in Vista you have to run it in admin mode.
[PC]Vista and Battlefield 2 - Windows Vista Forums
btw. {BoG} BF2 server @ 8.2.121.37 server's on the east coast (NY/NJ)
look us up and give us a try. we try not to be too hard on the rookies
Old July 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklmo View Post
i know that Vista gave a lot of ppl hassles with BF2. somewhere in Vista you have to run it in admin mode.
[PC]Vista and Battlefield 2 - Windows Vista Forums
btw. {BoG} BF2 server @ 8.2.121.37 server's on the east coast (NY/NJ)
look us up and give us a try. we try not to be too hard on the rookies
nice server i think iv been on it and to twisted u have tried running the games as admin right.