Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2008, 07:51 PM
MVP
F@H

i would love to get Diablo 3 but if they charge monthly then unfortunately i will not get the game....

12 month addiction to WoW I'm never going through that again!

I hope the don't charge monthly
Old June 28, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

More machine can play it, more potential buyers. The thing is to get balance between playable by all machines and a goog looking game. Something the Crysis people did not understand. I have faith in blizzard to do something good.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old June 28, 2008, 08:32 PM
MVP

and also i beleive they said something about it still using battle.net and from what I know they don't charge for access to battle.net which I am taking as a good sign. And I agree with Masta31's statement entirely the more machines that can play it the more money they stand to make so they are going to make it playable on as many systems as they possibly can. So from low end to high end it should be playable AND enjoyable. Of which Crysis was neither on high-end or low-end from all the stuff I have read but I digress because I have never actually played it.
Old June 28, 2008, 08:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Luckily this is Blizzard we are talking about when it comes to system requirements, and not Crytek

We know we are going to be able to play Diablo 3 on launch day, and its going to sell millions of copies and Blizzard isn't going to be crying about Piracy unlike..... Crytek.

I think its safe to say you'll be able to play it as long as your machine isn't 6 years old.
Old June 29, 2008, 11:10 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

For anybody who had some general questions regarding Diablo 3 here is a Q&A Posted on Joystiq with Blizzard. Its worth reading.

Joystiq chats with Jay Wilson on Diablo 3 - Joystiq
Old June 29, 2008, 11:21 AM
MVP

thanks dude I will check it out.
Old June 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Kotaku interviews Blizzard, another article worth reading.

Diablo III: The Man Behind Diablo III Talks Plot, Lore and Battle.Net
Old June 30, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Jay Wilson said that battle.net will be huge, with a focus on player service... Like the sound of that but it sound expensive to me.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old July 5, 2008, 05:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

Battle.net has never been a payed service, and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that it's not planning to become one. No, they are only finally upgrading a system that has been used sense Starcraft and WC2, and for good reason to. Friend tracking was miserable, so was finding a server.
Old July 6, 2008, 04:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Diablo 3 Database | Items, Bestiary, Classes, Quests & World Map

This link showed up as an ad up top, but it might be worth having a look at.... :)

Damn.... blizzard's got me all excited about a game again... hope it doesn't take another 3 years for it to hit the street..... :(

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP