Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2008, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

I've been waiting forever for Diablo 3. Also the runs that appear in the ice so far are, one is frostmourne rune, one is a hel rune, and one is a rune off the armor from starcraft 2. search blizzard mystery picture solved and you should be able to catch up :)
~~~~~~~~~~Coolermaster Centurion 5~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old June 27, 2008, 10:21 AM
MVP

and now there is a menacing looking pair of eyes staring out though the still opening gap in the ice. The other day IGN reported that apparently when you superimposed the cover of Diablo2 over the picture the eyes matched pefectly with the dark wanderers eyes. I am optimistic but even that seemed like a stretch to me... That was yesterday though and today the eyes are much more prominent and there is even a brow-line. I don't know what to think anymore though because hopefully within 24 hours we will know for sure. I am still voting for Diablo 3 even if its a stretch.
Old June 27, 2008, 10:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played Diablo 2 like there was no tomorrow back in the day because that was the only game my computer could handle back then (P2, 128MB RAM, Win98). The game was simply good back then, and then the bots came into play and all the duped runes. I was a big fan of regular PvP until everyone started using duped items.
Old June 27, 2008, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

their marketing dept certainly know how to create hype ! Right now I am going to look :)

lol its in maintenance right as i type

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old June 27, 2008, 06:54 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey View Post
Looking at these new teaser pics Blizzard has been releasing puts me in a weird place. I was one of like 3 people in North America disapointed by them announcing Starcraft 2... Not that I don't like the game I just suck enough at RTS games that I didn't play the first so why should I play and/or be excited about the 2nd one. I was certain that announcement was going to be D3 and then I got kicked in the crotch when it wasn't... But this one hopefully will be what I have been waiting for, the Diablo series has been one of my favorites since the first game and I can't wait to see whats next. I don't know how many people will agree with me but I am fairly sure I will be significantly more hated than I was before just for admitting that I don't like Starcraft. If this announcement is actually Diablo 3 though I will be to busy dancing to care...
Oh, don't worry. I dislike Starcraft too.

I prefer more aggressive RTSes, like Dawn of War or C&C. Fast-paced is ftw.

If you look at the teaser, there's a Hel rune but also a Protoss symbol.

World of Starcraft : Diablo in Space?
Old June 27, 2008, 11:57 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
World of Starcraft : Diablo in Space
lmao
but seriously that would be kind of cool.

if they could pull it off. if its diablo 3 tho.... I might faint and then pre-order the game and everything. I remember when pre-ordering warcraft 3 cost me 100$ when i was younger back in the day but it was oh so worth it!

Old June 28, 2008, 12:02 AM
Top Prospect

i know double posting is bad but i just found this :D

Quote:
With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.
Source: Diablo 3 Announcement at WWI - Diablo The Unofficial Site!

I may just start crying now :'( I am so happy it would break my heart if it wasn't true!

Old June 28, 2008, 04:21 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

It is Diablo 3 officially announced.

Kinda sad it wasn't something new, but oh well.

www blizzard com
Old June 28, 2008, 05:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilyeti View Post
It is Diablo 3 officially announced.

Kinda sad it wasn't something new, but oh well.

www blizzard com
Unfortunately a splash screen with nothing else to back it up means absolutely nothing coming from Blizzard.

They don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to putting out games in a timely fashion after they announce them.

I was a big fan of DII, and look forward to having a look at DIII, but I suspect it'll be some form of pay-to-play scheme which I avoid.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 28, 2008, 05:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

YouTube - Diablo III Intro revealed - Blizzard Worldwide Invitational

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP