Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default TF2 Failing?

Is it just me, or is TF2.. failing? There are so less servers now. Before the update, there were 5000+ servers, now, after the update, there are only 300-400. TF2 was going great.. That damn update just had to ruin the best game.
Old June 20, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah; I stopped playing when they brought in that update. it was AMAZING before and entirely worthless afterwards. COD4 is where I'm at now.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 21, 2008, 10:34 AM
Allstar

The latest patch has been causing load issues with a lot of pcs. I have an e8400 and it was at 90% load for that update... Would that be the cause?
Old June 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

What update is everyone talking about? The one with the medic? Last time I closed the game it pop up the news thing had was talking about adding the sniper superweapon I been killed by the medics but not own it yet still need a few others that are friend list needed or something like that
Old June 23, 2008, 10:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think TF2 is failing, I just think like with everything everybody hates change. I noticed they made it so the Medic Achievements are now the same as the Pyro, you only need to complete 22 out of the total amount to unlock all 3 weapons.

I logged in today and for the medic i had every Achievement except for 1 which was preventing me from getting the Uber Saw, and to my surprise tonight it said "Milestone 3" unlocked! And when i checked, it said Milestone 3 was Complete 22 of the Medic Achievements unlike before, where it was complete ALL.

I will agree that having to get the Achievements in order to unlock the weapons is kind of annoying. But the Pyro ones only take about a day in a regular server (Not a Achievment Farming server) because they're so easy to get.

And now the Medic ones are just as easy to get.

I think once they upgrade all the classes, it will be just as good as it was when it first was launched, with just the basic classes.

The Pyro is a lot funer to play now than he was before.

The Servers i play in, haven't been bad either with the new classes so I'm not complaining, i like the new achievements and i just hope they do the Engie next because hes my favorite class
Old June 27, 2008, 09:24 AM
Rookie

It's not failing, plenty of people are playing on plenty of servers. The thing that annoys me more are the inta-spawn or fast respawn servers (which F***-up all the balance in-game) although most of them are identified.
Old July 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
Top Prospect

I always loved playing the pyro even in TF1 but with this new achievement pack, it's not surprising to find 4+ Pyros on the same team and ZERO medics even though most maps will need at least one or two (especially GoldRush). Teamwork drops severely with these new packs and will continue to do so until they update everyone on it.

I personally prefer playing on the Melon Pit servers and the Lotus Clan servers but they are hard to get into without a reserved spot.
| Antec 1200 Case | Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit |
Old July 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
MVP

If you're playing on random servers, you're bound to get a team full of idiots.
I tend to like having a ton of pyros on the other team. Most of them are noobs, which means easy kills.

And I just checked the server browser. There's 1457 servers as of right now.
Although 5 of those are mine.... Probably 6 or 7 by the end of next week.