Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2017, 12:20 PM
MVP

Default Korean ARPGs

I cant seem to find any info on playing any of them. Have none come to NA?
Old April 4, 2017, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There's a few out that got North American releases. Blade & Soul was one, Tera was another Korean ARPG, I think ArcheAge got a North American release but I'm not sure if it's ARPG or a more traditional MMORPG combat.

A few have entries on Steam, and finding the main page for any of them is pretty easy using a search engine.

Unless you're looking for offline, single-player ARPGs, in which case I don't think you'll have any luck.
Old April 4, 2017, 02:02 PM
MVP

Im looking for something online
Old April 4, 2017, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What about Black Desert Online? I am still really enjoying that one. It definitely has more action oriented combat, not sure if it fits the the traditional ARPG mold. Great game though, little quirky for sure but great IMO.
Old April 4, 2017, 04:53 PM
MVP

How do you get it?
Old April 4, 2017, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC View Post
How do you get it?
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/register
Old April 4, 2017, 05:32 PM
MVP

Nice thanks. Are their alot of players in NA?
Old April 5, 2017, 05:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC View Post
Nice thanks. Are their alot of players in NA?
Definitely seems to be whenever I play. There is always some debate on the web about how the game is doing, players leaving, growth expanding, yada yada. But whenever I am playing there are always tonnes of players around. Make the game feel very vibrant and alive.

Warning: If you do decide to give it is try it is overwhelming at first! I have played many MMORPGs and I still found this one tough to figure in the beginning. Ridiculous amount and types of quests and things to do, somewhat bizarre mainline story that suffers some from a "lost in translation" issue I think (you can ignore it if you want), and lot of class and combat mechanics to figure out. There is also PvP at high level that I haven't ventured into yet.

My recommendation is to not approach it with the goal of doing everything at the beginning. What I found better and how I play now is to only take on activities that I want to do and then work away at little chunks of content and activities until I understand that piece. There really is no race to endgame in this one at all. You can spend all your time piddling around on various activities (commerce, trade, shipping, crafting, explorations, combat, quests, building things, etc. etc.) and the nice part is you level up with any activities you are doing. It's a neat system IMO and a huge game so like I said take it in pieces.

But as much as I like it... watch out for the NPC dialogue! Whew it stinks sometimes