Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2017, 10:06 AM
Top Prospect

Default Mass Effect: Andromeda

Anyone looking for this?

Also if you have origin access you can play 10h the 16th of march.
Old March 11, 2017, 10:53 AM
MVP
F@H

Yes. I've been following it for quite a while, mostly through the New BioWare Social Network forums. (New forum created when EA dumped the old BioWare forums last year.)

Home | New BioWare Social Network Fan Forums

Haven't pre-ordered though - may order it next week. I been reading, watching and waiting for some of the questions I've had to be answered.

Did they fix the cover issue - apparently yes, it's automatic now. As a lefty, I need good key-binding with mouse/keyboard, (failing a good port, I'll have to use a game pad). There's a day 1 game patch already. But a lot of these AAA ports aren't ready or well done on day one and there's PC issues. So I've been bouncing between getting the PC version vs the PS4 version (PS4 version is on blu-ray; PC version is digital download only in North America). ME Andromeda is built on the Frostbyte engine and EA doesn't really favor mods at all, although that hasn't stopped modders.

Storyline is unlike the ME trilogy. Looks like Andromeda MP will be have a lot of similarities to ME 3 MP

A major shift from the original is Andromeda is far more vertically oriented with a jet pack. More procedural cover.

Watched both of the two PAX Twitch livestreams on Friday (see links below).

Spoiler Alert on both of these - about 1 hour - 1/2 hour gameplay, then Q & A

Part One - starts with the new game trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN4gYwGZhs

Part Two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OitlhG0oIM
Old March 11, 2017, 11:23 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It's definitely on my list of games to play, hopefully it will be good. I love the Mass Effect series but I'm a bit wary of Bioware's game after what they did with the Dragon Age series...
Old March 11, 2017, 11:43 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
It's definitely on my list of games to play, hopefully it will be good. I love the Mass Effect series but I'm a bit wary of Bioware's game after what they did with the Dragon Age series...
DAI was awesome. Honestly it if wasn't so good I'd pass on Andromeda. ME3 wasnt the greatest. The dialogue was just so tedious and boring.
Old March 11, 2017, 01:06 PM
Top Prospect

ME3 was really great except for the last part of the games. ME2 was Amazing, a masterpiece.

I pre-ordered the game for 50$ on CDkeys, for the price we will see.
Old March 11, 2017, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I loved the ME series, played each game at least 3-4 times through. I actually enjoyed 3 more than most people, I liked seeing a lot of the minor characters make appearances based on decisions you made before (though admittedly they didn't make any real impression to the game's story or outcome).

I haven't ordered this one yet though. I've got a big backlog already and since there'll inevitably be a couple big story DLC if it's like the original trilogy, I'd like to play it when it's all out. I'm a little worried that the changes at Bioware since the EA purchase might really kill what was left of the RPG elements, but still expect a good game.

Vanguard all the way for me. Tried the other classes, but biotic charge and shotgun/melee made the game just way too fun compared to the other classes (Adepts felt like they just got toned down further and further in the series).

I didn't actually like Inquisition nearly as much as DAO, so am kind of hoping it doesn't take many pages from it.
Old March 11, 2017, 02:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For me ME1 was the best, not he greatest GFX but damn the story felt like a sifi movie. 2-3 were good, damn good but I missed the rpg aspect of 1.
Have not ordered yet, I dont do pre orders anymore. I will miss Shep though, sure I get the story why she/he isnt there in this one but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 11, 2017, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I broke my promise to myself and ended up preordering it. Why, cause I know I will get it anyways.

There are a few things that worry me though. One I hope it doesn't take that much from DA:I, mainly cause I found it got boring. Too many side quests that seemed to have no impact on anything. Frankly after Witcher 3 it will be hard to please me with a open world game that I want to finish. One other thing, and hopefully part of it was just the feed being off, but the facial animations. They just don't look right, they look better in many different titles including ME3 and such. I'm holding out a little bit of hope that it is something that will be fixed, but then again people complained about it right off of the bat with some of the first trailers and it doesn't seem like they have fixed it. And if you asked me what was wrong with them I don't think I could point to anything other than they just don't look right. And then there are the characters themselves, so far I have not been impressed with how they look or how they talk and that most recent twitch stream didn't help.

But all that said I'm still getting it and will be hoping that the characters grow on me and I can get past the voice acting. We will see. I'm just a huge fan of the first 3, with 3 being my favorite. Yup 3 is my favorite, but that is more because of the crew banter and the feeling of things building up to something huge. Yes the default ending was a mess, and the DLC is still way too much (you think they would have done a game of the year edition or something) but if you add in something like the MEHEM and a couple other mods that seem to smooth things over then you have a decent end. Oh and plus it has basically the best DLC of all time, Citadel. I just love it, talking to my poor space hamster who was ready to get thrown out. And then there is Grunt being half passed out in the shower. Ahh good times.
Old March 11, 2017, 08:01 PM
F@H

I am looking forward to this game, but some things do have me worried at the same time. Mainly the removal of classes, I will hold my judgement until I play it, but not sure how I like the removal of them. I'll pick it up around when it releases, not pre-ordering it though.
Old March 11, 2017, 09:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I am looking forward to this game, but some things do have me worried at the same time. Mainly the removal of classes, I will hold my judgement until I play it, but not sure how I like the removal of them. I'll pick it up around when it releases, not pre-ordering it though.
That was something else that worried me and made me think of DA:I. I hate having a bunch of things I have learned but can only use a certain number of them at any one time. At least that is what it seems like.