Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23, 2008, 07:10 PM
Rookie

Who here was able to play the Demo at 1680x1050 Graphics full with x8 AA and what is your pc setup
Old June 5, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well not sure about the demo but I have been playing the full version and it looks awesome, plus it plays pretty good as well.

Very similar in graphics to Dirt, so close that it is hard to say one is better than the other, but if I had to give a winner Grid would be it. I really like the Le Mans race that takes the 24 hours and turns it into 24 minutes. You start in the day and race into dusk, night, dawn and back to daytime. It just looks so good as it is getting dark and as the sun begins to rise in the dawn.

I currently run it at the highest ingame settings @1680x1050 and have no issue with frame rates. Not sure what they are as I haven't run fraps or anything while playing it but it is good enough not to hamper game play. Oh and that is only using one of my 8800 GTs as I don't have the SLI set up in Vista currently.

All in all, a really nice racing game. Now I just need someone to make a really good combat flight sim for the PC.

Edit: After playing around with the settings a bit I have found what is pretty much the limit with just my one card in Vista. Everything is maxed @1680x1050 and the multisampling is set to 16XCSAA, at those settings I get an average of 52fps with a min of 40 and max of 63. Now if I move the multisampling to the highest option of 16XQCSAA it brings it to a crawl, average of 6.1fps with a min of 4 and a max of 17. And that is running the exact same race with the same cars. I have yet to see how well it scales with SLI but I just might have to give it a try.

Last edited by ipaine; June 5, 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old June 10, 2008, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well bought it yesterday to play with my brother on multi....initial impressions are it looks amazing and is very realistic.

Hopefully I can pick and choose which cars to purchase and fit out as I'm not into American muscle cars. Too powerful and no handling.

But there seems to be a good enough selection although I would have liked to have seen some crazy compacts/hot hatches in there.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old June 13, 2008, 06:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i got this yesturday and im pretty happy with it. as a fan of the nfs series i love that i can finally do drifting from instide the cockpit,gives it that more realistic feeling. im running it on 1440x900 res but did have to play with the graphics a lil to get it runnin smooth,but thats casue i only have a gig of ram and the min for it is 2 gig. but other then that i love this game lots of ppl on mp as well.
Old June 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

The game is killer, and I certainly "theoretically" have the ability to run it full res, full aa, but just like my problem with Crysis, it runs smoothly for a bit, then randomly freezes. :( I'm going nuts trying to figure this problem out. The game looks and plays very well, though!
Old July 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
Rookie

I just picked this game 2nite, I see that it doesn't support sli. Runs really well on my pc, locked at 60fps I think, but never leaves 60, but my temps in everest are a bit strange in this game. The top card temps stays at idle around 52 and my bottom card goes up to 65, like it's usein the bottom card and not the top. Same thing happens when I run devil may cry benchmark. My Monitor is pluged in the top card, ati tools reads only the bottom card as well, I know it don't support sil, but why the bottem card and not the top, any ideas?
Corsair XMs3 6GB DDR3 1600
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Antec Truepower Quattro 1200 OC Version
XFX GTX295
XFX GTX295
Coolermaster HAF 932
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
X-Fi XtemeGamer
Old July 11, 2008, 07:41 PM
Banned
F@H

I do not know if this works fully on SLi, but try re-naming the executable to DiRT. It's the same game engine, so maybe that game has a proper SLi profile.