LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2015, 06:42 AM
MVP
F@H

Default Armored Warfare - Open Beta - FTP

Created by Obsidian Entertainment/My.com on Crytek engine

Open Beta starts October 8
Open Beta Head Start for people who purchased Founder Packs October 1-7

Separate US Server and Euro Servers (independent progress)

15 tanks vs 15 tanks PVP
5 player PVE missions (easy-medium-hard) and insane at top tiers

Like World of Tanks, it's Free to Play with Premium Accounts. A lot of differences between AW and WoT

Introducing the Open Beta | Armored Warfare - Official Website
Old September 30, 2015, 10:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Curious to see how it is vs WoT.
Old October 1, 2015, 09:37 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Curious to see how it is vs WoT.
Obviously there's similarities but a lot of differences. No WoT Gold shells. Balance can be an issue. The US server isn't as populated as the Euro server during the closed beta. Might change with an open beta. Not a lot of PVP maps presently.

Modern vehicles - 50s to present day; most are tracked, but many with tires and highly mobile and handle quite differently. Some have smoke grenades, some have a range of shells, including missiles (you have to guide via mouse) some just fire missiles, some have auto counter-measure against missiles. Some have destructible armor. A lot of customization options in the mid to higher levels. Game is highly dependent on view range and the light scout types (AFVs) have the best view range usually.

Commanders are interchangeable, so you could have a commander for MBTs (Main Battle Tanks) one for scouts, arty, TDs, etc. as they have different skills/skill trees. The rest of the crew stays with the vehicle.

It can still be a grind for some units but not all vehicles are in a linear tree - some vehicles you earn via specific means - long range shots can earn points towards TD vehicles - some of the scout vehicles are earned by shooting enemy scout vehicles.

Arty isn't overpowered. And you usually get an arty warning if you've been targeted. Arty is set up to counter arty, so arty has to move. However, like WoT, people don't hang around to defend base/arty. Arty has various shells like smoke, illumination shells to reveal position.

Overall, I'm enjoying it much better than WoT. Lots of major differences and a lot of subtle differences. Won't cost you to try it out.
Old October 12, 2015, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played all day yesterday. Really like the maps so far. Looking forward to when camouflage and visual customization is implemented. Bought one of the Collector's Packs so I'll probably be playing for the next few months anyways.
1x240 GB Mushkin Chronos Enhanced SSD - 1x500 GB Seagate Hybrid Momentus - 1X2 TB Western Digital Green - Pioneer DVR-212D - Antec P182 - Rosewill Photon 850 - 2X24" Acer G246HYL - Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!