Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2015, 10:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Mad Max

Saw it on Steam and is highly rated. Does anyone own this game? Thoughts? $60 is expensive, but sounds like people are having a great time with the game.
Old September 5, 2015, 11:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I watched a buddy play it tonight on PS4 and think I'm going to pick it up for PC now......looks really good.
Old September 6, 2015, 01:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I picked it up from CDkeys website for $24 CDN, played it for 4 hours last night and had a blast.
Old September 6, 2015, 08:10 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Great, I am just about to do an upgrade, I will probably pick it up after that. Wedge22, is there any kind of levelling or perk system?
Old September 17, 2015, 06:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I got it and played just over an hour (busy with work). Really good so far. I'll really get to play some more when work calms down in a week or so.
Old September 21, 2015, 11:49 AM
MVP

I got it on sale as well. I haven't played much of it, but this game reminds me why I love pc gaming or the GTX670. In game max settings and it would appear to do well over 60fps at 1080p.

I don't like the unorthodox controls for gamepads though. (nothing like GTA, SOD, or Saint's Row).
Old October 9, 2015, 07:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA5HMAN View Post
Great, I am just about to do an upgrade, I will probably pick it up after that. Wedge22, is there any kind of levelling or perk system?
There is a levelling system but it's kind of a joke; you gain points by completing challenges (from normal gameplay) that you can 'spend' on skills. By the end of the game I had almost every skill maxed out and I didn't even complete all the available challenges or have all map zones cleared of enemy threat. Similar to Dying Light it is possible to have every single skill maxed out before you beat the game.

On the flip side there isn't an overwhelming number of things to do so it's not like the map is this huge daunting task to complete, which was nice.

You need to collect 'scrap' to buy upgrades for you and your gear. This is the biggest grind of all, and they leave it up to you for how you want to do it. Exploring the map and clearing enemies has the biggest return but gets tedious if you're an impatient gamer. There's a fast travel exploit that lets you zip around the map really fast even when enemies are surrounding you, but you miss some of the endearing dialog from your car passenger, who really made the game fun for me.

I had 2 mission glitches where the waypoint didn't update and show me where to go, one is a well known bug that may have been patched. I was able to muddle my way through with help from the forum, and complete the other race by retrying until I found the correct route and winning it.

It does look like the best wasteland I've ever seen in a game, and that should be appreciated, full price is debatable though, unless you're hardcore madmax fans.