Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2015, 07:41 PM
Top Prospect

Default Fallout New Vegas: Modding

So I am pretty new to this stuff. I have fallout 3 nV. But I was told to upgrade the textures. I got the FOMM but im not sure what to load and stuff. Tips?
Old August 5, 2015, 03:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Are you looking at just texture mods or a bunch of mods?

Texture mods are simple. Just place the files in the override folder as described in the readme. FOMM, or NMM isn't required necessarily. If you're running multiple packs that change the same thing, the pack you install last will override the earlier files and it will use that one. It's possible to run several at once or use parts, but most people just install a couple big ones that alter different specific 'parts' of the game.

If you want to run a bunch of mods, head to the New Vegas nexus and do some reading, there's a lot involved and you need to read the readme for every individual mod to check for compatibilities, load order and such. BOSS will help sort all your well known mods, but when you're running a bunch, you'll probably have to place a few manually or alter the BOSS order a touch.